Wilco, 5/17/08, the Pageant -- St. Louis

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Anytime a show opens with Misunderstood there are good odds for an epic show imo.

Dylan's 49th Beard!

I wish people would learn to shut the hell up though.

They should make signs reading, "If you talk through the concert, we will send our attack bees to get you. Enjoy the show."

i'm writing my review now and noting the exact same thing. people almost drowned out "she's a jar." is this why wilco "doesn't play on saturday nights," as jeff said?

Was such a good show. "A Shot In the Arm" was worth the price of admission itself. "I'm the Man Who Loves You" was also especially good.

I wish people would learn to shut the hell up though.

i'm writing, again, the exact same thing in my review!!

glad everyone here had the same experience i did....

Bottom line....in a lot of ways some demons were exercised in terms of St Louis and Wilco tonight. Too late to get into it right now. A great show for myself and all fans in St Louis.

Excellent, incredible, mind-blowing show tonight. Best of the three, by far, and I wasn't convinced they could have topped Thursday.

Bottom line....in a lot of ways some demons were exercised in terms of St Louis and Wilco tonight. Too late to get into it right now. A great show for myself and all fans in St Louis.

Can someone explain WTF this is supposed to mean?

Anyone have a photo of RGC mooning Wilco from side stage?

Great run of shows, great banter, and some damn fine friends!

Haven't seen the band have this much fun in awhile. Smiles all night, shit thrown around on stage and a pretty sweet mid air high kick from John.

Also, alot of new guitars on stage. Nels has two new Jazz Masters, a new Jerry Jones. Jeff playing a PLexi Custum clear guitar of some sort and a Custom White SG, and a Tele Thinline 12.

WOW...People need to grow up. Tweedy might live in Chicago, but most of the band doesn't. Who cares? tweedy has stayed much truer to his roots than most R&R stars and I am glad he is just making amazing music and chooses to share it with the rest of us.

Get over yourseves, folks.

AS someone not from St. Louis but has lived here for 6 years I still find this to be the oddest thing.

Great run of shows.

I don't think there are necessarily any ghosts to be exorcised or whatever. Wilco never fails to sell out St. Louis shows (with the exception of the Fox in '04, which is a lot bigger than the Pageant; there were a few seats remaining.).

I do find it disheartening that Belleville's newspaper didn't make one single mention of the shows. Around here, though, it's not uncommon to talk to people who have no idea that Wilco exists. It's not from animosity; it's just ignorance. Like everywhere else, people get in the niche and don't realize what's happening in their own backyards.

It's not that he hates St. Louis, it's just that the majority of our comunity are fucking retarded. This is why he has never played a solo show here, he would get hung. I spoke with him a little last night and welcomed him home and thanked him for coming back and how hard it must be to play here in front of a fucking zoo. He didn't disagree with anything I said and really looked shocked and emotionaly moved that someone had something real to say besides.........................Hey man your the greatest in the world, I love you man.

Thanks Jeff!