Wilco, 5/17/08, the Pageant -- St. Louis

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a fantastic story, Maggie!

I'm definitely not trying to steal Nels' thunder in getting you to Montreal, but the exact same thing happened to me when I went to Melbourne this spring. Uh, not with Nels, but with the Grand Prix being in town, and not a hotel to be had for less than $450. I ended up booking a room in a really cool hostel for the duration of my visit, and it worked out very well. So if you haven't checked out that option, you might give it a try.

I think this might have to become the official Meat smilie :boff

I cracked up after the show when he said "Nobody would dance with me, so I had to go all Billy Idol and dance with myself."

He told me the drunk guy behind me (who at the end of the night stole the tip money we left for the waitress) was "grinding up on me" and he was like "Oh no you don't, that's Brad's woman!" but then I whacked the guy with my hair while dancing and he moved. :lol

Btw, Brad danced with him. I know because I got caught between them.

Did they go all Roxbury Bros. on ya?

He told me the drunk guy behind me (who at the end of the night stole the tip money we left for the waitress) was "grinding up on me" and he was like "Oh no you don't, that's Brad's woman!" but then I whacked the guy with my hair while dancing and he moved. :lol

I really need to meet this Meat fella.

I think this might have to become the official Meat smilie :boff

I cracked up after the show when he said "Nobody would dance with me, so I had to go all Billy Idol and dance with myself."

I'm in a public place right now, dammit, and I'm about to cry because otherwise I'd be howling with laughter over this! Oh my cod, I might pass out! :rotfl

:lol It was more like Meat would put his arm around Brad and they'd jump and air guitar together, and I got caught in the arm hold. My neck is really sore.

I got to see a lot of that and it was fucking hilarious!

Meat is one of a kind. No doubt about it.

Zowie. How much fun was that?! :w00t My feet are still hurting today. :wub

It was so great to meet so many of you VCers (and extended family) Saturday furreal...bonus on meeting Meat as well! :badger

A tremendous thank you to all of you who helped us out with finding tickets, finding our way, and finding the rail...big hugs to you all. Wish every Saturday could be so fun. :cheekkiss

Wilco and their VC fans pretty much rock my face (and feet) off! :rock :hug

And a big thank you to one who was not there, but helped so much.

See, my one issue with being at the rail was not being able to see the sooie and Meat show. :guitar :guitar

I'm thinking I would have had a few beverages if I went to these shows.

Yes. We started things about 11:30 am at some bar, eased over to the cards game, and took a cab to the venue from Busch. The beers were flowing, my friend.

And a big thank you to one who was not there, but helped so much.

See, my one issue with being at the rail was not being able to see the sooie and Meat show. :guitar :guitar

You'll be happy to know this person got some very much deserved and desired burnt ends (NAPE) as partial payment for their help. :wub :lol

I too am bummed I missed the Sooie Meat Extravaganza...although I did hear them sing a little out by the kraut. :dancing

Yup, pretty much my whole life. There are very few of us around the St. Charles area but were good people. I wen't to St. Pats in grade school and switched around from school to school for a period of time, hell, I even did my junior year at St. Dominics! I live on DD and D near Hwy N. You play any music?

That's pretty awesome. I live less than a mile from Dominics in that new subdivision off of Elaine Drive. I drive by Dominics every single day.

I was born in St. Charles, lived in St. Peters until I was eight, moved to Bloomington Illinois in '98 and moved back here in '05. So I've pretty much been here my whole life too.

I play guitar (poorly). So not really. I have a few friends that are sort of in the younger St Louis music scene these days, but I'm not too plugged in.

Here are my pictures from Saturday. Be warned that they're mostly of Nels :lol

Hey....I believe I met you and several other VCers in the line at all 3 of these Pageant shows. Perhaps you remember me best as 'Dr. Dentist from Alton, IL'....or the kid with the Cubs hat. Anyways, I am trying to figure out who some of the cool people I met at these shows are. And...my money says you are one of them. :-)

Brendan

I'm the one who christened you Dr. Dentist. 'bout time you got here!

Hey....I believe I met you and several other VCers in the line at all 3 of these Pageant shows. Perhaps you remember me best as 'Dr. Dentist from Alton, IL'....or the kid with the Cubs hat. Anyways, I am trying to figure out who some of the cool people I met at these shows are. And...my money says you are one of them. :-)

Brendan

Hi Brendan! I remember you as the person with the best response to Rob's joke about "chunks."

"...what kind of dog?"

Hi Brendan! I remember you as the person with the best response to Rob's joke about "chunks."

"...what kind of dog?"

Well thank you....that is just some of the humor that Southern Illinois University brandishes in its students in hopes that someday they can offend every patient they ever treat. I feel as though this past weekend reaffirms my faith in my ability to be completely inappropriate to people I have just met.

"...what kind of dog?"

:lol

I missed this particular incarnation of the joke, but was on the receiving end (NAPE) of it from Rob's brother. That is a GREAT response.

Anyone listening right now to Night 3 over on Wilcoworld. Just so ya know....I am one of the beautiful voices at about 18:00 in (Hummingbird) when Jeff put the microphone in front of the faces of the two lovely ladies in front of me. And I need to share my after show story as well if you will bear with me. First off, I have seen maybe 25 shows at the Pageant and it was the first time I stood in the pit, and almost on the rail at that (thanks to Chris and Jen for inspiring me to do so). After the show I caught a drumstick...not the one thrown by Glenn but one that the drum tech through which is pretty cool at any rate. Went out to the parking lot AGAIN after the show and Jeff walked up to me and said "you look familiar, you have been out here after all 3 shows right? Would you like a picture?" I about hit the floor that he recognized me. So, I was pretty stoked to meet the band all 3 nights, have 3 posters signed which will cost me dearly in framing costs, catch a drumstick, and see some amazing shows. Thanks guys..now I am hooked on 3 night stands (one night stands just dont cut it)

-B

have 3 posters signed which will cost me dearly in framing costs,

Ben's in Belleville runs 50% off custom frame specials fairly often. I expected to see a coupon for one in Sunday's paper because of Art on the Square. It'll probably be next week. I've had all of my Wilco show prints done there. They do an awesome job and I've never paid more than $70.

Thanks guys..now I am hooked on 3 night stands (one night stands just dont cut it)

You're inappropriate in public with new people and jump right in with the pervy euphemisms on the board. Yep, you're one of us. :thumbup

"...what kind of dog?"

I'm sad that I missed that! :rotfl