• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope you like your wish bjorn

I think a trade would be a better idea than canning Willie

To be honest, I still can't get past him not being fired after last year. It's about a word that's thrown around a lot, but varies in meaning from situation to situation: accountability.

Mets acquire Nixon!

01nixon-web-c.jpg

No! Wait, this one!

nixonstirrups.jpg

We were at the A's-Giants game tonight ... Vizquel's steal of home was about the only highlight for the home team. Barry Zito sure isn't worth all that money they're paying him.

Nice park, nice experience overall.

I am always curious as to why it is somehow the bad, or unethical of red sox fans for "taking over" other ballparks. Is it possible that Reds fans, or Rays fans, or Orioles fans simply don't exist in the same kind of number, or somehow don't care enough, which is what makes it possible for sox fans to buy tickets? I mean WTF? You don't want GABP full of red sox fans--then buy the f*cking tickets when they go on sale so we can't get access.

Do you also think that Wilco fans from San Francisco shouldn't be able to go to shows in Chicago, or St Louis?

I am always curious as to why it is somehow the bad, or unethical of red sox fans for "taking over" other ballparks. Is it possible that Reds fans, or Rays fans, or Orioles fans simply don't exist in the same kind of number, or somehow don't care enough, which is what makes it possible for sox fans to buy tickets? I mean WTF? You don't want GABP full of red sox fans--then buy the f*cking tickets when they go on sale so we can't get access.

Do you also think that Wilco fans from San Francisco shouldn't be able to go to shows in Chicago, or St Louis?

This what happens when you win a World Series or two.

This what happens when you win a World Series or two.

Red Sox fans have been filling other stadiums since before 2004, though. Sure there's plenty of bandwagoning, but there is no denying that there are red sox fans all across the country. I'm watching the game on EI and the Reds announcers mention that the Cubs fans do the same thing. But no one calls them out on it. And Yankees fans fill Camden every time the Yankees play the Orioles, enough so that in the stadium swag shop there is Yankees stuff in there for sale and the usher at Camden said that the Yankee fans aren't nearly as polite as the Red Sox fans.

PS one of the Red's announcers has his kids (little, maybe 4 and 5?) in the booth with him and they are saying some really cute things.

PPS yesterday's game when Sean Casey played and he rec'd a standing O from the Reds crowd--that was really nice. My eyes welled up. I do love that kind of sportspersonship.

PPPS When does Trot Nixon play his first game for the Mets? Is he going to be an everyday player or platoon?

Red Sox fans have been filling other stadiums since before 2004, though. Sure there's plenty of bandwagoning, but there is no denying that there are red sox fans all across the country. I'm watching the game on EI and the Reds announcers mention that the Cubs fans do the same thing. But no one calls them out on it. And Yankees fans fill Camden every time the Yankees play the Orioles, enough so that in the stadium swag shop there is Yankees stuff in there for sale and the usher at Camden said that the Yankee fans aren't nearly as polite as the Red Sox fans.

PS one of the Red's announcers has his kids (little, maybe 4 and 5?) in the booth with him and they are saying some really cute things.

PPS yesterday's game when Sean Casey played and he rec'd a standing O from the Reds crowd--that was really nice. My eyes welled up. I do love that kind of sportspersonship.

PPPS When does Trot Nixon play his first game for the Mets? Is he going to be an everyday player or platoon?

1. Trot is playing right now and I assume he will be a starter, until Church's head gets better. He has had at least one hit, but I am watching the soccer now.

2. Yay cute kids!

3. There are tons of Yankee, Red Sox and Cub fans all over the place, and these fans will sometimes be resented by cranky hometown fans. Your point is correct - if hometown fans want a hometown crowd, they should buy up all the tickets.

I am always curious as to why it is somehow the bad, or unethical of red sox fans for "taking over" other ballparks.

Kevin Youkilis almost single-handedly took the park over yesterday by purchasing 140 tix for friends/family.

Kevin Youkilis almost single-handedly took the park over yesterday by purchasing 140 tix for friends/family.

I'm almost suprised Youkilis didn't take a curtain call when he hit that homerun on Saturday.

You know it's a bad weekend when your team gives up two homeruns to Cocoo Crisp. His day is coming though. I look for the Devil Rays to put one in his ear in a couple weeks.

I'm almost suprised Youkilis didn't take a curtain call when he hit that homerun on Saturday.

You know it's a bad weekend when your team gives up two homeruns to Cocoo Crisp. His day is coming though. I look for the Devil Rays to put one in his ear in a couple weeks.

Your middle name is "Sourgrapes," isn't it?

A good thread on the horrific 1999 Turn Ahead The Clock jerseys for all you uni hawks:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbullet...ad.php?t=102426

i also remember that the p.a. nnouncer was not gene honda but a robot voice. a robot announcing jason dellaero in a horrific uniform to a stadium full of empty blue seats was a pretty low point in sox history.

Oh cool, I'd only seen a couple of those before and actually had been looking for a while for some pictures of some more. Thanks for linking that. Still only seen a handful of them now though. I wonder why pictures from that promotion are so hard to find. Considering it was leaguewide, I'm surprised there aren't more, thought I completely understand why MLB isn't putting them out there.

It was an interesting idea that was executed absolutely horribly.