It would be 2014. The HoF voting is done in January for that summer's inductions, so someone who played their last games in summer of 2008 wouldn't become eligible until later on in 2013, after the voting had already been done. Therefore their first year of eligibility for the HoF would be 2014.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man those were the days back in the mid-90's, when the Braves had Smoltz, Maddux, Glavine, Wohlers, Chipper, Ryan Klesko ( :wub ), Javy Lopez, Mark Lemke, Fred McGriff, Blauser...good times.

I'm annoyed that the Brewers are on a 9-1 stretch and haven't even gained a SINGLE game on the Cubbies. That's baseball, I guess.

Man those were the days back in the mid-90's, when the Braves had Smoltz, Maddux, Glavine, Wohlers, Chipper, Ryan Klesko ( :wub ), Javy Lopez, Mark Lemke, Fred McGriff, Blauser...good times.

I have a ball that Steve Avery, Javy Lopez, Mark Lemke, and Ryan Klesko signed. It's unconfirmable, but it was supposedly hit by David Justice in BP. There's a huge mark on it from the bat.

I can't believe it could be over for Smoltz. But if he says he's in pain you know it has to be bad. That guy would still pitch if a tiger bit his arm off.

I always liked Javy Lopez. He's one of my uncle's best friend's from Puerto Rico, so I've met him a few times. Those Braves teams were stacked in the 90's. Arguably the greatest rotation of all time.

I have a ball that Steve Avery, Javy Lopez, Mark Lemke, and Ryan Klesko signed. It's unconfirmable, but it was supposedly hit by David Justice in BP. There's a huge mark on it from the bat.

I can't believe it could be over for Smoltz. But if he says he's in pain you know it has to be bad. That guy would still pitch if a tiger bit his arm off.

I never liked Justice and I can't really pinpoint why. Still cool that you have all those signatures, though. Klesko was always my guy. I still remember the day he was traded to the Padres. It was a sad day in the wmf household. My roommate even made me a cake because I was so depressed. :lol

How does Gomes stay in the game after that?

I dunno. He was bringing hay makers to the back of Coco's head. Crawford didn't get shorted either. I love how Timlin, and Casey were right in the middle of it, of course. Good times.

Huge fight in the Sox game!

How does Gomes stay in the game after that?

That was fucking bush league shit right there. Three guys taking swings at a guy being held down on the ground? Bush. League.

On that note, what the hell was Coco doing charging the mound after getting hit in the ass?

That fight was a good example of why Trot Nixon was so fucking awesome. If he was still on the team, I guarantee that he would have been all over Gomes.

I was telling someone this last night. Trot Nixon would have beat the everliving shit out of Gomes, Crawford, or both last night.

4.24_tnix_ap_bdd.jpg

That fight was a good example of why Trot Nixon was so fucking awesome. If he was still on the team, I guarantee that he would have been all over Gomes.

True, but Coco faired pretty well on his own: avoided the punch (Rope-a -Dope, anyone?), landed several before beingh taken down from behind, took a bunch of sucker punches from Gomes, et al., and still managed to scamper out of the bottomk of the scrum, standing and alert.

Not bad.

On that note, what the hell was Coco doing charging the mound after getting hit in the ass?

It started the night before. Coco slid into second headfirst and Jason Bartlett "dropped his knee" which, in some circles, is one of those unwritten codes that middle infielders should not do. A few innings later Coco had a pretty hard slide into Iwamura and the Rays' manager started jawing with Coco. I was not at all surprised that there was a fight last night.

It started the night before. Coco slid into second headfirst and Jason Bartlett "dropped his knee" which, in some circles, is one of those unwritten codes that middle infielders should not do. A few innings later Coco had a pretty hard slide into Iwamura and the Rays' manager started jawing with Coco. I was not at all surprised that there was a fight last night.

No, I get all that. I just want to know what the hell he was doing charging after getting hit on the leg. You charge the mound when you get hit shoulder-up. You don't charge over a bruised glute.

No, I get all that. I just want to know what the hell he was doing charging after getting hit on the leg. You charge the mound when you get hit shoulder-up. You don't charge over a bruised glute.

Well I think he was going to charge if it was even inside. He seemed ready ...

Sean Casey is the new Trot Nixon.

Sean Casey is the new Trot Nixon.

He's also suspended.

"Three Red Sox players have been suspended by Major League Baseball for their roles in last night's brawl against the Tampa Bay Rays. Coco Crisp has been suspended for 7 games, Jon Lester for 5 games, and Sean Casey for 3 games."

"MLB came down hard on the Rays for Thursday's brawl, suspending James Shields for six games, Jonny Gomes and Edwin Jackson for fives games each, Carl Crawford for four games and Akinori Iwamura for three games."