• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to guess unless they made a trade to actually improve the team on the field (and not in their hearts or minds, or whatever firing Willie does), they'll continue to be not very good.

Let's take a step back in the midst of the chaos to acknowledge that the Mets have won 5 of their last 7 series.

In other words, I can talk about how my team is "not very good." You can't. :lol

The Mets are playing definitely better of late. I think it is AWESOME that Jerry Manuel threatened to stab Reyes. That's the spirit!

The Mets are playing definitely better of late. I think it is AWESOME that Jerry Manuel threatened to stab Reyes. That's the spirit!
"I told him next time he does that I'm going to get my blade out and cut him. I'm a gangster. You go gangster on me, I'm going to have to get you. You do that again, I'm going to cut you right on the field," quipped Manuel.

Wow. Last time I got promoted, I waited at least 2 weeks before I threatened anyone with my gangster skillz.

Guest Jules

So, Dave Bush takes a no-hitter into the 8th against Toronto. Loses the no-no, but is still winnning 8-1 after the 8th. He gets pulled for the 9th and the bullpen almost loses the game (I think they just finally finished it, 8-7). That would really piss me off as a pitcher.

I couldn't decide whether to post this here or "Someone Else's Song," but I couldn't find it already posted.

Scott McCaughey and others have done a CD of baseball songs?

More info: http://www.yeproc.com/artist_info.php?artistId=12539

I didn't see anyone take interest in this, but nonetheless I'll note that The Baseball Project is playing Letterman on Friday night. Could be really good or really bad.

No, but it infiltrates sports news and defiles it too much.

Schilling used to post in-depth personal analysis both on his blog, sosh, and other places detailing his outings. I think that's pretty cool. He can be a blowhard at times, but the guy's entitled to blog about whatever he wants to.

I suppose he's getting old though so it's not that big of a deal...

He was still effective as a pitcher when healthy and will be missed as an important cog in the rotation for the remainder of the year. It's a drag that he's probably pitched his last pitch, but he's going out as a WS champion.

I got to see 2/3 Cubs/Rays games this week. Great games. That grand slam last night was amazing. Now on to Atlanta, where hopefully injuries have not sidelined all of my favorite players. And Chipper gets back to .400

...this is either a good (to very good) thing or a bad thing. I suppose he's getting old though so it's not that big of a deal...the worst

From Schilling's blog today. Pretty humble, imo. And hey, he even says if he could do it over again he probably would have shut his mouth more often:

http://38pitches.com/2008/06/20/not-a-thin...be-upset-about/

If it's a Cubs-Rays World Series, I am going to start stockpiling food and ammo.