Uncle Wilco, I will be in Kansas City sat pm seeing a movie and eating din din.If I see your car I'm gonna slap an Obama 2008 sticker on it.Fancy it up a bit.

I'm a sweetie like that.

bring it on.

:thumbup

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we've entered some real political discourse. Let's get back to discussion instead of blowing each other.

We've been analyzing Obama, how about McCain? Here's one: McCain graduated from the Naval Academy cuz of his daddy. Obama was top or near the top of his class at Harvard.

McCain moved to Arizona, ditched his wife that struggled through many years with him, married a rich girl w/ plans to start a Federal Gov't career. Obama opted for public service out a desire to help folk, when he could have started a career in private industry w/ fewer roadblocks and much more money.

We've been analyzing Obama, how about McCain? Here's one: McCain graduated from the Naval Academy cuz of his daddy. Obama was top or near the top of his class at Harvard.

Hey that's not fair, you forgot to mention Mccain graduated second from the bottom of his class.

I find it very interesting that people are so concerned over who Obama and or Hillary may be or may have been associating with. I sure as hell wish these people had done as much research on who GWB had been associating with prior to his election. I did and I saw war in the mid east based on his ties to PNAC. Couple that with actually knowing what the gov of TX has the power to do and his performance as gov tied in with his personal history and I knew I could not vote for him every. I never dreamed it would get like it is today though. To be fair I tried to evaluate Gore and at the time he looked to become a one term "caretaker" type of president.

Right now I look at the two major party candidates and I see one who is trying to sell himself as change, but in order to keep the party faithful happy he is selling many of the same policies that have caused our country to arrive in its current condition. I see the other guy as offering a change of direction. For those who say he is only saying he will change things without saying how, then I suggest you do more research because he is far from being without a plan. We've seen what the republican party has to offer and what its vision of America is. I'm ready for change.

My prediction for November: 1) a majorly pissed off electorate. 2) Obama wins easily, possibly with a real mandate, not with an imagined one. 3) a veto busting Dem majority in one of the houses, possibly both. I've never in my life seen the country so angry so disillusioned with the policies and actions of an administration. I think this anger will manifest itself in a major way come November. We can sit here and argue back and forth about philosophy all we want, we can invent fake crisis (Rev Wright) we can attribute false claims (Obama the Muslim, Obama the Marxist etc...) But as long as this administration keeps hewing to the same path then the electorate will continue to get angrier and angrier. That being said Obama and crew need to spend the next five months highlighting the Bush record and highlighting how much and how often the maverick has been in lock step with the administration. On top of that they need to emphasize using McCain's own words every time McCain talks about continuing one disastrous policy or another. If they do that...landslide. The only drawback will be that there are too many people out there who won't vote for a Blackman (his white side of the family really counts for zip here), fortunately many of those were going to vote for anyone but a dem anyway.

Hey that's not fair, you forgot to mention Mccain graduated second from the bottom of his class.

I thought it was 4th from the bottom, whatever, he obviously needed help from the Admiral. Either way, not near the top like our dear, beloved, slick tongued Barack.

I just watched the 04 Charlie Rose interview, where he mentions a political consultant said he should change at least either his first or last name because it will frighten people. They had a chuckle, but it is sad that idiots are spreading the sentiment of him as a 'muslim' which to them automatically implies he is a terrorist....Idiots.

I thought it was 4th from the bottom, whatever, he obviously needed help from the Admiral. Either way, not near the top like our dear, beloved, slick tongued Barack.

I just watched the 04 Charlie Rose interview, where he mentions a political consultant said he should change at least either his first or last name because it will frighten people. They had a chuckle, but it is sad that idiots are spreading the sentiment of him as a 'muslim' which to them automatically implies he is a terrorist....Idiots.

Speaking of changing names... has anyone ever met a Hitler? Or has that name been wiped off the census map?

I have never met a Hitler. I imagine that most Hitlers have changed their name by now.

Can you imagine the sort of speculation about Obama that there would be if he had changed his name though? There would be a lot of accusations about why he changed it, that he was trying to hide something, etc.

I have never met a Hitler. I imagine that most Hitlers have changed their name by now.

Can you imagine the sort of speculation about Obama that there would be if he had changed his name though? There would be a lot of accusations about why he changed it, that he was trying to hide something, etc.

Good point. They are smearing him now as they would then also. Probably better this way, he maintained his integrity.

There's a camera shop in San Francisco called "Adolph Gasser". Opened in 1950. What was that guy thinking? OK, so fine, it was his name, but he couldn't have gone with "Golden Gate Camera" or something?

UW is like the obi-wan of passive/agressive posting. nice to see you again, unc! :lol

what up EL?

i try to keep an even keel, but i'm human dammit!

i'd hate to think i need meds, but sometimes i wonder.

i think i'll take more of a consulting role in the VC election fray this year. no more arguing over stuff (at least that's my intention). we all know where we stand and i know where this ship (VC) is going come election day and i'm fine with that. i'll just hang out and observe the fireworks. i can keep people updated on what the right is up to, since i have a tendency to frequent a variety of the conservative pundit outlets.

i must say that my personal political views have become less rigid over the years by conversing with those of a more liberal point of view here. it's actually been elightening to hear the other side and try and balance things out. but i'm still rooted in conservativism.

i must say that my personal political views have become less rigid over the years by conversing with those of a more liberal point of view here. it's actually been elightening to hear the other side and try and balance things out. but i'm still rooted in conservativism.

I knew that we would wear off on you, Udub. ;)

I generally like your conservative point of view. Otherwise, we have guys on here that would just argue with themselves. That said, some of your comments today indicate that you've been gone too long drinking from the teet of the right. Post more!

Guest Cousin Tupelo
what up EL?

i try to keep an even keel, but i'm human dammit!

i'd hate to think i need meds, but sometimes i wonder.

i think i'll take more of a consulting role in the VC election fray this year. no more arguing over stuff (at least that's my intention). we all know where we stand and i know where this ship (VC) is going come election day and i'm fine with that. i'll just hang out and observe the fireworks. i can keep people updated on what the right is up to, since i have a tendency to frequent a variety of the conservative pundit outlets.

You're conservative? :omg

http://www.newstatesman.com/north-america/...-vote-usa-media

An interesting read, with a lot of truth.

since were on the topic of whose these canndidates are associated with I think we should include The Bilderberg group meetings that are taking place this week

in Virgina. Apparently both Clinton and Obama are heading there yeaaa I know its illegal to set policy in secret but thats exactly what goes on there.

As for important associates heres this years bilderberg group offical participant list

Official 2008 Bilderberg Participant List , why isnt CNN intrested in this?ever

Infowars

June 6, 2008

DEU "Ackermann, Josef" "Chairman of the Management Board and the Group Executive Committee, Deutsche Bank AG"

CAN "Adams, John" Associate Deputy Minister of National Defence and Chief of the Communications Security Establishment Canada

USA "Ajami, Fouad" "Director, Middle East Studies Program, The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, The Johns Hopkins University"

USA "Alexander, Keith B." "Director, National Security Agency"

INT "Almunia, Joaqu