New new election thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder, at what point in the future will it no longer be acceptable for the US to overthrow a government and get away with it?

When the Chinese won't lend us any more money.

Ah, the sweet smell of hypocrisy: "This is not 1968 and the invasion of Czechoslovakia, where Russia can threaten its neighbors, occupy a capital, overthrow a government and get away with it. Things have changed." -Condoleezza Rice, the US Secretary of State I wonder, at what point in the future will it no longer be acceptable for the US to overthrow a government and get away with it?

Get away with ousting an oppresive, murderous, terrorist-supporting dictator? How is this even remotely the same as what Russia is doing to a democratic Georgia?

You let your kids drink beer? :realmad

Yeah, my 3 year old drinks a couple Sammies and Bullies before bed. Puts her right to sleep.

When the Chinese won't lend us any more money.

Simple, yet defining moment of truth that will be.

Get away with ousting an oppresive, murderous, terrorist-supporting dictator? How is this even remotely the same as what Russia is doing to a democratic Georgia?

Well, we could start by revisiting the US

"In the 21st century, nations don't invade other nations." - John McCain

Nice selective memory, jackass. Or maybe he assumes that Americans could never invade. They just bring freedom wherever they go.

His whole Cold War era let's kill those Commie bastards response to the conflict in Georgia has been interesting to watch. He finally has an issue he is comfortable with, war or the possibility of war, and he is suckling on that teat like a kitten. I'd imagine people 50 and above are eating it up.

where did that come from? wherever he said it, did anyone point out reality to him? i know, slim chance, but just wondering.

for the record, i know tons of people 50 and above who are not eating up that stuff, and i'm one of them.

where did that come from? wherever he said it, did anyone point out reality to him? i know, slim chance, but just wondering.

for the record, i know tons of people 50 and above who are not eating up that stuff, and i'm one of them.

I don't think they pointed out the hypocrisy. There's video of it all over the internet if you google the quote. Can't put the sound on at work.

thank you.

39 pages of this stuff. It makes me glad that I don't watch the news or pay attention to anything that goes on in the world. I guess I'd rather be happy and ignorant than informed and depressed.

39 pages of this stuff. It makes me glad that I don't watch the news or pay attention to anything that goes on in the world. I guess I'd rather be happy and ignorant than informed and depressed.

Shit man, this is the THIRD election thread - there's probably 100 pages of this stuff!

Beware of Denver. The rumor is that they're gonna throw Hill's name in for nomination. Hopefully this will be just a token gesture, but you never know.

The ego is strong in this one. I like how Edwards blamed his philandering on the development of his fat ego via the campaign process. Yeah, John, ownership of the problem is still developing. And is anyone up on this idea that Elizabeth pushed the publishing of the story out of vengeance? What's up with that? Rake his nuts over the coals. Ouch. But I still you.

Speaking of RKansas:

HARTFORD, Conn. - Police took 16 young people off the streets on the first night of a curfew crackdown in response to escalating violence, officials said.

The curfew in the Connecticut capital bans anyone under 18 from loitering on the streets after 9 p.m., unless they are with a parent or guardian.

Police Chief Daryl Roberts said curfew violators were taken to their homes and enforcement of the long-standing curfew went without incident Thursday night. He said there were no reported shootings in the city of 125,000 residents.

Police have said the curfew ordinance will be enforced for 30 days.

The announcement followed a violent weekend during which 11 people were shot. Seven of the victims were wounded in gunfire that erupted after Saturday's West Indian Day parade. A 21-year-old man was killed, and the wounded included a 7-year-old boy and 15-month-old girl.

City officials initially said that curfew violators would be detained at community centers, but backed off that plan after the American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut said it would violate youths' rights. But officials said violators could be placed in state custody if they are picked up by police and there are no responsible adults at their homes.

An ACLU attorney, David McGuire, said the group opposes juvenile curfews because they violate the fundamental rights of innocent people. He said there were no immediate plans for legal action against the city.

I've seen this sort of thing go down where I live somewhat - in the early 1990s there were cops with dogs walking around my hood. There is also a rise in gang members from PA - coming here to stir up shit around the area on main street where all the kids and street people hang out. There has always been a curfew here - but I think they have a hard time enforcing it - especially right now - as 25, 000 students just came back to town