Tried to watch her speech this morning...couldn't handle the hypocrisy this early. She appears to be a good speaker and I did watch the interviews after her speech last night. I'd like to think we as a species could be less fearful. :blink

Thanks for the post. John and team brillant as usual. Isn't it ironic that the only truth is coming from comedians the last 8 years....send in the jesters. B)

I'm surprised it isn't required at your job place that you pull the republican lever.

When the last company I worked for was bought by The Carlisle Group--which has ties to both the Bush and Bin Laden families--we used to joke that every time we discovered glitches in our software, it was okay because we were probably making the world a better place. Taking The Man down from the inside, y'know? Okay, so maybe you had to be there to find the humor in it. But it was a weird thing to remind yourself from time to time who you were ultimately working for.

funniest and, quite frankly, the most (if not only) politically releant show on TV. period. another moment of brilliance.

I always think it's kind of sad that the best U.S. political show and pretty much the only decent one that I've seen has to be dressed up as a comedy to get the majority of Americans to watch it so they can get their point across. Don't get me wrong, the John Daily Show is brilliant, but compared to some of the coverage you get on the BBC, Paxman in particular, it just pales in comparison.

I also love the way the best political commentator in the U.S. was in Jay and Silent Bob Stike Back

So Karl Rove said something like Wasilla was "the second-largest city in Alaska, I think." Right? Did anyone believe that he thought that?

It's actually fifth, which is higher than I expected to see it when I looked it up (the only larger cities are Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau and Sitka, with a pretty significant drop off between Juneau and Sitka).