I remember saying in '92 that Clinton was the first presidential candidate that I would think of sleeping with, but that isn't why I voted for him.

Also, Clinton has rosecea -- hence his large red nose. But I'll bet he's thown back some bourbon along the way too :lol

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Biden is more likeable than Palin. hopefully, he can keep his mouth shut and not stick his foot in it.

I'm still afraid too many women voters think vagina=feminist. I'm curious to see how the VP debates play out.

I think Biden is more likeable than Palin. hopefully, he can keep his mouth shut and not stick his foot in it.

Wow I think the exact opposite.

Palin's speech @ the RNC was hateful and sounded like nails on a chalkboard. She seems to be just repeating this speech on her travels this week. Scary person all around, and not a feminist what so ever. She believes she is on a mission from God. That is not someone we want to run our country. America is not some chosen land, and our politicians are not God's little helpers.

I'm still afraid too many women voters think vagina=feminist. I'm curious to see how the VP debates play out.

I'm not so sure. Palin is pro-life and anti gay. Most women see this as 2 BIG strikes against being a feminist. Conservative Christian woman love her, but true feminists are not conservative like that.

Palin's speech @ the RNC was hateful and sounded like nails on a chalkboard. She seems to be just repeating this speech on her travels this week. Scary person all around, and not a feminist what so ever. She believes she is on a mission from God. That is not someone we want to run our country. America is not some chosen land, and our politicians are not God's little helpers.

As of yesterday, she

I'm not so sure. Palin is pro-life and anti gay. Most women see this as 2 BIG strikes against being a feminist. Conservative Christian woman love her, but true feminists are not conservative like that.

I realize that, but alot of woman are lapping the whole thing up, women who weren't voting for McCain until Palin came along. My point was that she is being called a feminist when she really isn't and it scares me that women believe that.

I realize that, but alot of woman are lapping the whole thing up, women who weren't voting for McCain until Palin came along. My point was that she is being called a feminist when she really isn't and it scares me that women believe that.

I agree 100%. But, I haven't seen any worthy polls to show this.But, you will see some people vote for Obama because he is 1/2 black. Voting should should have 0% to do with sex, religion, or race. I'm just amazed how how she's been around a mere 2 weeks now, and somehow these voters are convinced she's fit to be VP and Prez if McCain kicks the bucket????????????

This is an honest question (no sarcasm here). What defines a feminist?

I agree 100%. But, I haven't seen any worthy polls to show this.But, you will see some people vote for Obama because he is 1/2 black. Voting should should have 0% to do with sex, religion, or race. I'm just amazed how how she's been around a mere 2 weeks now, and somehow these voters are convinced she's fit to be VP and Prez if McCain kicks the bucket????????????

It's pretty scary. Several of my facebook friends have joined her fan page. Ugh.

Its true. I have at least a couple people in my immediate family who are thus far willing to overlook the fact they don't know much about her (and don't really agree with the parts that they do know about), but have stars in their eyes over the fact that a woman is on the ballot and delivered one ballbreaker of a speech.(regardless whether anything she said was actually true)

She is still new in the public's eyes and there are several weeks left of nonstop media attention before the election. Surely, by then, her novelty factor will have diminished and we'll know better if people still like her or if they just like the idea of her right now.

that's one thing I don't miss about the South, not that everyone is like that. but it's all over. I've heard similar talk here. it's very sad and discouraging.

It is everywhere ("I hate Illinois Nazis").

Having lived in the south for 20 years (yikes) there is a different nature down here. It is accepted -- among those who see themselves as elite, it's an art -- of lies and insults. I miss the Midwest where, flaws and all, someone is taken at their word, or taken for who they are. If someone has a problem or issue it's out there and that's it. Deal with it.

Racism, elitism and narrow mindedness is rampant among the South and comes from the most bizarre corners. It's Flannery O'Conner only you can't put the book down and go away.

Well to begin with, I don't know too many feminists who would vote against abortion, even in cases of rape or incest.

Why is that the seemingly only important issue for feminists, though? Why or when did pro-life and feminism become mutually exclusive?

This is a typical post from that board:

"This is funny watching the libs hang on every word of Palin....

hoping she makes a mistake so they can pounce. I truely have never seen them so afraid of someone.

The funnier thing is that it backfires everytime they do it. The American people and especiallly idependents love Ms. Palin"

(not edited for spelling)

Anyone who says anything against Palin is either afraid of her or jealous.

Oh and if I hear one more person call Palin a feminist, I'm turning in my feminist membership.

There's not a whole lot of what she's said to hang onto. What little has been pretty empty. I don't see anything to get excited over. What substance do you and the "American people and especially independents love" about Ms. Palin? Is it a Jerry Springer kind of love? A reality TV kind of love? A latest download MILF video kind of love? She's running for elected office. Please explain to me what there is that she brings of value to the office? Concrete?

"Anyone who says anthing against Palin is either afraid of her or jealous" pretty much shows where you're coming from. I don't expect a competent answer to my previous question for that reason. Anyone who can offer a competent viewpoint, I'm interested.

Why is that the seemingly only important issue for feminists, though? Why or when did pro-life and feminism become mutually exclusive?

Well I can only speak for myself in that I prefer to have a choice in the matter. Pro-lifers want to take that choice away from me.

There's not a whole lot of what she's said to hang onto. What little has been pretty empty. I don't see anything to get excited over. What substance do you and the "American people and especially independents love" about Ms. Palin? Is it a Jerry Springer kind of love? A reality TV kind of love? A latest download MILF video kind of love? She's running for elected office. Please explain to me what there is that she brings of value to the office? Concrete?

"Anyone who says anthing against Palin is either afraid of her or jealous" pretty much shows where you're coming from. I don't expect a competent answer to my previous question for that reason. Anyone who can offer a competent viewpoint, I'm interested.

Are you asking me? Because I'm not the author of the original post, I just reposted it here.

in a poll I saw McCain gained 20 points among white females in the last week.

They didn't ask me bobbob. And don't just believe any poll Bobbob, most are worthless anyway.

In a poll, in a study...all that jazz means very little if you don't check where their info comes from.

Sample size etc.

This site offers the most info and analysis on polling

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/search/labe...day%27s%20polls

confrontation simply for confrontation's sake -- it adds nothing to the search for truth and the effort to reveal hypocrisy. i think that makes it a waste of time, both the writer's time and the readers' time.

Two blocks from where I sit, there was a Woolworth. About 24 years ago, some young black men sat at the lunch counter. They weren't there to buy lunch. But their confrontation had a dramatic impact here.