• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did bobbob become a right winger? I remember when he used to boast that he came from the blue part of floriday.

We might want to work on him to find his former self since Florida appears to be tightening. He appears to be a tough sell, so far.

I'm on Facebook, but you have to be a friend to see her profile..she's your friend? There's 60 some comments....this is the worst thing I have seen yet. What a jerk.

nooooooo, she is not my friend. I think you can have a profile that is open to everyone to view or something. I didn't look at her profile.

RACIST AND NSFW!!!!

I was going to post this, then deleted it, now posting it again.

because it just goes to show that there is an unfortunate ugly and racist side to our society. it's disappointing. it's really offensive, so if there's a problem, I'll gladly delete it.

I saw that last night and although I was extremely disgusted I think I was more sad than anything else. Living here in the South unfortunately I hear stuff like that all the time. Maybe not that extreme but it's out there. On another board I post on, someone said that if Obama became president he wouldn't make it through 4 years, meaning someone would make sure that he wouldn't.

I saw that last night and although I was extremely disgusted I think I was more sad than anything else. Living here in the South unfortunately I hear stuff like that all the time. Maybe not that extreme but it's out there. On another board I post on, someone said that if Obama became president he wouldn't make it through 4 years, meaning someone would make sure that he wouldn't.

that's one thing I don't miss about the South, not that everyone is like that. but it's all over. I've heard similar talk here. it's very sad and discouraging.

But yeah, bobbob’s tone of late strikes me as somewhat frustrated and maybe sometimes confrontational simply for confrontations sake – a position I myself often stake out.

confrontation simply for confrontation's sake -- it adds nothing to the search for truth and the effort to reveal hypocrisy. i think that makes it a waste of time, both the writer's time and the readers' time.

that's one thing I don't miss about the South, not that everyone is like that. but it's all over. I've heard similar talk here. it's very sad and discouraging.

This is a typical post from that board:

"This is funny watching the libs hang on every word of Palin....

hoping she makes a mistake so they can pounce. I truely have never seen them so afraid of someone.

The funnier thing is that it backfires everytime they do it. The American people and especiallly idependents love Ms. Palin"

(not edited for spelling)

Anyone who says anything against Palin is either afraid of her or jealous.

Oh and if I hear one more person call Palin a feminist, I'm turning in my feminist membership.

hoping she makes a mistake so they can pounce. I truely have never seen them so afraid of someone.

The funnier thing is that it backfires everytime they do it. The American people and especiallly idependents love Ms. Palin"

Oh and if I hear one more person call Palin a feminist, I'm turning in my feminist membership.

i'm afraid of her all right, for one reason: an awful lot of media and voters out there seem to have fallen in love at first sight because she's good to look at, and she comes across as extremely lively and sparkly next to the corpse-like mccain. great reasons! and they don't seem to give a damn what the views of either of them are or where they'll take the country -- which is not exactly down the same path as bush, it's farther to the right than that, and more lethal.

confrontation simply for confrontation's sake -- it adds nothing to the search for truth and the effort to reveal hypocrisy. i think that makes it a waste of time, both the writer's time and the readers' time.

Sure it can, if it helps illuminate or spark discussion related to an otherwise unpopular topic, position and/or opinion. As I mentioned, this place has an echo chamber like quality at times, and that, I think, often results in more wasted keystrokes and the time in which it takes to read the labors of the aforementioned strokes, er, keystrokes.

Though, perhaps confrontation for the sake of confrontation was a poor way to put it, playing the role of devil

That's just great bobbob - keep that contrarian thing going and maybe eventually ikol will love you.

Really? I can't legitimately like Joe Leiberman without being called a contrarian anymore? Fuck, this place is really obnoxious.

When did bobbob become a right winger? I remember when he used to boast that he came from the blue part of floriday.

And this is the crux of why I can't stand politics. If you aren't lock step with the democratic party, and you question what politicians tell you, left wingers think you are a right winger, and vice versa. It's fucking ridiculous.

Dude, he called me out for talking about salad on the Muslim thread.

It was a really confusing, pointless post that didn't have anything to do with anything. That makes me a right winger now?

I'm not jealous but yeah I'm afraid. afraid of having to listen to her nagging voice for 4 years.

Really? I can't legitimately like Joe Leiberman without being called a contrarian anymore? Fuck, this place is really obnoxious.

And this is the crux of why I can't stand politics. If you aren't lock step with the democratic party, and you question what politicians tell you, left wingers think you are a right winger, and vice versa. It's fucking ridiculous.

It was a really confusing, pointless post that didn't have anything to do with anything. That makes me a right winger now?

I for one embrace the new Bobbob1313, I'll PM you the secret neocon handshake and a schedule of our meetings.

I'm not jealous but yeah I'm afraid. afraid of having to listen to her nagging voice for 4 years.

On the bright side, beyond the campaign fight she doesn't seem to have anything to say and doesn't know what a VP even does, so there's a possibility she'd be preoccupied spending the next few years using a top secret war-satellite in space to blast baby seals with a death ray and you wouldn't have to listen to her.

On the bright side, beyond the campaign fight she doesn't seem to have anything to say and doesn't know what a VP even does, so there's a possibility she'd be preoccupied spending the next few years using a top secret war-satellite in space to blast baby seals with a death ray and you wouldn't have to listen to her.

I don't think I like that very much either.

in fact, I don't find her to be likeable at all.