Richard Wright - RIP

I just saw this. Bummer.

Oh my God no. :cryin This is just terrible news. I don't even wanna go to work now. Dammit.

I'll try to think of something to say later. :ohwell

i opened this thread just as " coming back to life " shuffled on.

sad news indeed

it seems like every 6 months some musician has passed away. this one really hits home. as a gen x-er we rebelled against most of the junk we grew up with and cut our teeth on classic rock. Floyd was one of those top 10 bands for me along with the usual, zep, beatles, etc. it never ceased to amaze us that the wall was less than 10 years old and radio had completly been taken over by dance/pop/shit!! over the years i really got to appreciate and love rick's minimalist keyboard work and his awesome voice. perfect for pink floyd. his verses on Time and his handful of solo tunes through out the years were highlights. will have to listen to 'wearing the inside out' today. it's on division bell which some may dislike, but that song is excellent. rock on! :worship

ugh. so very sad. My favorite floyd in that he added so much - quiet and unassuming. That piano playing alone was enough to cement it but when you Richard's voice in harmony to Davids it was the pure magic that made it all work.

terrible loss.

Live Dark Side is now filling the house

see you in that great gig in the sky, Mr wright.

people waking every morning thinking, hmm what celeb or musician died while i was asleep?. i saw a thread on another forum (where you list deaths of famous people) called "dont hold your breath for a PF reunion" and thought to myself "uh-oh".... R.I.P

Rick would have been one of the last people i thought would pass away..