Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. You don't pull your best pitcher out of a tie game after six innings when he's only allowed five hits and has a low pitch count. Maybe in the 7th, probably in the 8th, but not in the 6th.

My point was that if it was just an extended rain delay, say an hour or more, and they resumed play that night, he would have been pulled, regardless of pitch count.

I don't think I've ever seen a fan base picked apart more than Tampa Bay's has in this post season.

Yes, there are a lot of questionable fans down here. Yes, most are bandwagon-types.

Still, the level of vitriol that has been aimed at Tampa Bay fans doesn't seem right. People need to relax and let there be Tampa Bay baseball fans without it devolving into how much people in Florida suck.

I don't think I've ever seen a fan base picked apart more than Tampa Bay's has in this post season.

I have: Yankees fans and Red Sox fans.

They're maligned for different reasons, but the level of vitriol is generally quite a bit higher than that reserved for Rays fans.

It's been such a fall-back for baseball fans around the country.

Well, okay, you have a nice young team, but your fans suck ass.

Seriously, how is that not sour grapes?

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the team didn't actually really have fans until the second half of the season...They really don't quite exist enough to be true assholes yet.

It's been such a fall-back for baseball fans around the country.

Well, okay, you have a nice young team, but your fans suck ass.

Seriously, how is that not sour grapes?

When the team is in my team's division, it's not sour grapes - it's called a "rivalry." (see: Dolphins/Jets, Dolphins/Pats rivalies for more info)

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the team didn't actually really have fans until the second half of the season...They really don't quite exist enough to be true assholes yet.

Really, no fans at all until the second half of this season?

What about people that attended Devil Ray games these past ten years? People that actually own merchandise from previous seasons? Do we not count?

I know you Red Sox fans are bitter about losing to a team from Florida, but come on already. Maybe the baseball universe doesn't go through you anymore.

I know you Red Sox fans are bitter about losing to a team from Florida, but come on already. Maybe the baseball universe doesn't go through you anymore.

Dude.

RI-VAL-RY

I realize it's a new word for an American League-based Florida baseball fan. But you should try to work it into your vocabulary. And fuck the Rays!

When the team is in my team's division, it's not sour grapes - it's called a "rivalry." (see: Dolphins/Jets, Dolphins/Pats rivalies for more info)

Yeah, I know when I think of sports rivalries, I think of the Miami Dolphins first.

Jon Lester, yeah, how could the Rays ever beat that guy. Just unthinkable.

Yeah, I know when I think of sports rivalries, I think of the Miami Dolphins first.

So you're six years old and have no access to NFL history. OK.

Jon Lester, yeah, how could the Rays ever beat that guy. Just unthinkable.

I'll still take cancer-free Lester over that c*m-spitting Garza any day.

Really, no fans at all until the second half of this season?

What about people that attended Devil Ray games these past ten years? People that actually own merchandise from previous seasons? Do we not count?

It doesn't have anything to do with being bitter. But you have got to be kidding me if you're going to make a case for the Ray's fan base as being anything but ineffectual, inconsequential and insignificant for that last how many years? Let's just say "forever." I am sure there are a few fans who own DEVILrays gear, but honestly, are you going to try to tell me that there's 40K + devilrays fans out there from "before"? Filling the stadium over the last 11 years? Really?

I know the Dolphins have a rivalry with the Jets and Pats, but it still makes no sense to cite them in this conversation.

There are so many transplanted New Englanders that live down here and you couldn't pay them enough to move back up north.

Big Papi was so awesome in that LCS, wasn't he? He really swung the bat well.

I know the Dolphins have a rivalry with the Jets and Pats, but it still makes no sense to cite them in this conversation.

There are so many transplanted New Englanders that live down here and you couldn't pay them enough to move back up north.

Big Papi was so awesome in that LCS, wasn't he? He really swung the bat well.

Your team is going DOWN yo!

Go PHILLIES!!

phanatic.jpg

It doesn't have anything to do with being bitter. But you have got to be kidding me if you're going to make a case for the Ray's fan base as being anything but ineffectual, inconsequential and insignificant for that last how many years? Let's just say "forever." I am sure there are a few fans who own DEVILrays gear, but honestly, are you going to try to tell me that there's 40K + devilrays fans out there from "before"? Filling the stadium over the last 11 years? Really?

Yes, the fans suck a lot of ass down here. No doubt about it.

But are you people ever gonna move on from that? Or will that be all you talk about when it comes to the Rays beating Boston?

Boston LOST to Tampa Bay. Look at the fucking scoreboard.

Yes, the fans suck a lot of ass down here. No doubt about it.

But are you people ever gonnna move on from that? Or will that be all you talk about when it comes to the Rays beating Boston?

Boston LOST to Tampa Bay. Look at the fucking scoreboard.

How are the two things related? Boston wasn't robbed of the ALCS, they lost it because Tampa played better. Dude, no one is disputing that. You're awfully defensive. I wouldn't take it so personally that your team has shitty, fairweather fans who have to be given props in order to cheer on the team. I'm sure even after the Rays lose tonite, they will still sell out the Trop next year, right?

And yes, there are a lot of New Englanders in Florida. And most of them are still Red Sox and Yankees fans, aren't they? And they buy up all the tickets when their teams come to town? Or is that just another sour grapes rumor?

My point is, the Red Sox lose to the Rays, and you just start running your mouth about how awful the fans are in Tampa Bay. Go back and read your posts in this thread.

You guys are bitter. Just admit it.

Find a post of mine where I talked shit about the Rays' fans (who are the worst!)

This post doesn't count.

One run and nine outs to go!