Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I find myself wishing the Red Sox would suck some ass so I could prove myself loyal. I'm not losing sleep over it though. :lol

I know exactly what you mean, as a Texas Rangers & Detroit Lions fan I know I will catch hell if they ever win a championship

There's a Juan Gonzalez joke there somewhere, but I can't quite get to it.

Igor weren't no joke bubba

10127546B~Juan-Gonzalez-1996-ALDS-Game-4-Home-Run-Posters.jpg

Juan was so great for like 5-6 years, he carried the Rangers at times, he had like 101 RBI at the break one year, he could of had some amazing numbers had he been better conditioned, still had a really good career but he is a guy who could have had hall of fame numbers and his ego was Texas sized thats for sure....Texas traded him about a year or two too late, they could have got way more for him and better quality had they traded him sooner

I know they opened up seats they usually don't use. Maybe this has something to do with it. The place looked pretty full last night. There were folks whos views were obstructed by the catwalks.

Yeah, they are definitely sold out. Maybe not every seat is filled because some people on stubhub and craig's list are asking for ridiculous amounts of money, but the tickets were sold to someone. They also sold standing room only tickets in addition to the seats they don't usually use. I was there last night and it looked sold out to me. The people in the standing room only sections were packed in like sardines.

Trading for Juan Gonzalez was probably the largest factor (among many) in the Tigers being so terrible in 2003. It left them completely depleted.

yes and no, none of those guys the Rangers got really developed

- Kapler was a bust I love the guy but a bust none the less

-Justin Thompson didnt develop and had major injury issues

-Alan Webb was out of baseball in a few years

- the only solid major leaguers out of the group was Francisco Cordero who I wish the Rangers still had and Frank Catalanotto (spelling) who doesnt even play everyday

again I wish the Rangers traded him in like 1997-98

Yeah, but they might have been able to move those guys for someone who might be around for longer than one injury-ridden year and who wouldn't eat up so much salary. Francisco Cordero alone would have been worth way more than Gonzalez gave them.

"

Ed forgot the punchline: Thomas got up, brushed off and asked Ashburn, "What the hell's a yellow tango?"

A dude I saw in Stop & Shop tonight had on a sweet Mike Schmidt road throwback. Gotta give the Phils their propers - their pitching has been superb.

I got a little tired of Buck and the other douche justifying errors due to "funny hops". These guys are fucking pros playing on perfect fields in the World fucking Series. No excuse for errors, regardless of whether or not they are on a shift for a certain hitter.