Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selig dodged a bullet by waiting it out a bit and TB getting that tying run. Can you imagine that game being called (I'll assume the weather will keep up tonight as expected) with PHI up a run? Now it has to be resumed.

Major outrage, I'd expect.

They say the weather is supposed to intensify in the Philly region by tomorrow, which could postpone the game to Wed.

I'd assume, if this happens and if TB wins and they head back to TB for Game 6 that they'd still give them a day off in between games 5 and 6 and play game 6 on Fri.

If TB won that game and forced a Game 7, they'd be playing a game in Nov. this Saturday.

Major outrage, I'd expect.

They say the weather is supposed to intensify in the Philly region by tomorrow, which could postpone the game to Wed.

I'd assume, if this happens and if TB wins and they head back to TB for Game 6 that they'd still give them a day off in between games 5 and 6 and play game 6 on Fri.

If TB won that game and forced a Game 7, they'd be playing a game in Nov. this Saturday.

Isn't game 7 for next year's World Series scheduled for Nov 2 , or did I make that up?

Isn't game 7 for next year's World Series scheduled for Nov 2 , or did I make that up?

Is it? Why? I think last year was slated for Nov. starts for games 6 and 7, but for some reason the series didn't last that long....

Is it? Why? I think last year was slated for Nov. starts for games 6 and 7, but for some reason the series didn't last that long....

I'm not sure, dude. That date is in my head for some reason.

Is the World Baseball Classic affecting spring training or opening day?

It will be better once the talent is a little more widespread into different regions of the world. The North American, Latin American and a couple of the Asian teams were really fun to watch, but teams like Italy and South Africa were pretty lame -- I'm pretty sure the Italian team was mostly middling American players of Italian decent.

Selig dodged a bullet by waiting it out a bit and TB getting that tying run. Can you imagine that game being called (I'll assume the weather will keep up tonight as expected) with PHI up a run? Now it has to be resumed.

Selig said (after the game mind you, so who knows) that he would have put it in indefinite rain delay even if it wasn't tied.

Hopefully this works out in the Rays favor. Pena and Longoria got hits last night, Balfour was great. They were starting to turn it around when the game was suspended.

Weather permitting, we should have a winner by Thanksgiving.

Game 5 to resume Wednesday following the 6th-inning streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch

Selig said (after the game mind you, so who knows) that he would have put it in indefinite rain delay even if it wasn't tied.

The commissioner can do whatever he wants "in the best interest of the game". With that in mind, he should have called/postponed it after the 4th inning, or even the 5th, even though is was a 2-1 game. The World Series should not be played in those conditions, IMO.