Post-season MLB

Yikes. Wasn't my intention to make fun of the Mets. Just though it was an inneresting picture, ya know, Shea sans scoreboard (non sequitur, off topic I admit). I apologize if it was taken another way.

PS: I have many insecurities in my life. Sports teams are not among them.

I'm sorry too. We should be united in our love of McGraw.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry too. We should be united in our love of McGraw.

2956204989_94d2befc3d_o.jpg

The lead of Tug's obit in the Philly Daily News was along the lines of: "Of all the things Tug McGraw accomplished in his life, the most amazing is that he was beloved by both Mets and Phillies fans."

My lord but that ballpark in Tampa is one serious piece of shit.

Four pitchers in an inning? I like Maddon but he may be micromanaging a bit too much here.

Edit: Make that five. Jeez.

Game 7. All stops get pulled out.

Game 7. All stops get pulled out.

Da$m good baseball game going on....

At least the game was tight.

Usually it's a no-brainer to root against another team from your team's division in the WS (particularly if they beat your team to get there), but it's gonna be damn hard to root against these Rays.

No - best news is I don't have to watch every pitch of the WS now, meaning I can turn off Joe Buck and Tim McCarver whenever I damn please.

oh that IS a major plus!

congrats to the rays -- they earned it well.

Congrats to the Rays : bringing in a 20 year old w/ limited MLB experience with the bases loaded in the 8th inning of Game 7 is a gutsy move, and one I'm not sure you'd make on the road... Price was an absolute stud...

Now's let's go Phightin Phillies!!!!

I predict: Philly in 6, and a long awaited championship for the City of Brotherly Love.

Other predictions????

Congrats to the Rays, especially the bullpen who really did a good job fighting through a couple tough innings last night.

I remember a Friday night in Fayetteville Nick Schmidt vs David Price...that was a killer matchup

huge college baseball fan here

Rays in 7...they lose game one, game 4 and 5 and rally to win game 6 and 7 at homes....should be a hell of a series...I love how its teams you only know if you follow the game, the ratings will be terrible haha...oh well

Cole Hammels and Scott Kazmir who will probably go in game one for the Rays would be a very fun matchup