Post-season MLB

Philly is pretty good. If their starting pitching comes through, it could be a good series.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubs over Dodgers

Phillies over Brewers

Phillies over Cubs

Angels over Red Sox

Rays over White Sox

Angels over Rays

Angels over Phillies

Man, if you delete the division and champ series, I'm just a random choice away from picking the WS contenders.

Game 6 1980 World Series. One out, top nine, Phils up 4-1, Royals have bases loaded. McGraw induces a foul pop from Frank White. Ball pops out of Boone's glove, Rose snatches it out of the air. Funniest thing is, Boone instantly turns to the infield and signals "out," as if it were all part of the plan. Willie Wilson strikes out (of course) and the Phils have their one world title.

I can't believe Joe Buck just inferred that the whole cowbell thing at the Trop "it kind of caught on and now everyone brings them." Hello? You mean to tell me those things aren't given out just in the past few weeks? They are all blue with stars of Bethlehem on them.

I can't believe Joe Buck just inferred that the whole cowbell thing at the Trop "it kind of caught on and now everyone brings them." Hello? You mean to tell me those things aren't given out just in the past few weeks? They are all blue with stars of Bethlehem on them.

He's half right. There's this annoying guy who goes to every game and wears a wig and/or viking helmet and hits a cowbell. He calls himself the Cowbell Kid. Except he's not a kid. He's a grown man who hangs out with a bunch of teenagers. I sat near him one time and one of these kids actually had a fucking snare drum in the stadium and was banging that. Luckily this was when no one was going so I could just move.

It caught on only in the fact that the team wanted something to help promote the team, took this loser's annoying habit and pushed them on people, most of them never having went to Rays games before. I hate them and can't wait until they fade. Oh, and they don't give them out. These people actually paid for them. They were advertising them heavily during the ALDS. :stunned

I have no problem with people not going to games until the team is good. I'm obsessed so I'll go see shitty teams all the time, but I don't blame people for not putting up their money to watch a team take a shit on the field. The Rays were terrible for their first 10 years and play in what is widely accepted to be the worst ballpark in baseball, so why should people care? In some instances I think fans supporting a shitty team can actually be damaging in the long term because it gives ownership very little incentive to improve the team.

I say that as a guy who went to probably a half dozen Tigers games in 2003 though, so what do I know.

I hope there isn't that much of an improvement in attendence at Rays games. Enough to convince ownership to keep the team in St Pete, but it is awesome to seat where ever you want.

The Orioles loving lawyer in our office says that the games in Tampa aren't even sold out. Is that true? Does anyone know?

I know they opened up seats they usually don't use. Maybe this has something to do with it. The place looked pretty full last night. There were folks whos views were obstructed by the catwalks.