Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is, the Red Sox lose to the Rays, and you just start running your mouth about how awful the fans are in Tampa Bay. Go back and read your posts in this thread.

You guys are bitter. Just admit it.

I talked smack about the devil rays long before they made it to the ALDS. And I'm not bitter! I've had more Devilrays players on my fantasy teams over the last three years than I have had red sox players. I had Rocco Baldelli on my team even when he wasn't even PLAYING. I kept BJ Upton on the roster even when he was sent down to the minors.

But you sure are making a case for the likability of their fans, huh?

Find a post of mine where I talked shit about the Rays' fans (who are the worst!)

This post doesn't count.

One run and nine outs to go!

That's why I quoted Jen bobblehead. She started early with the Rays' fans bashing.

Red Sox fans deserve nothing but contempt.

I talked smack about the devil rays long before they made it to the ALDS. And I'm not bitter! I've had more Devilrays players on my fantasy teams over the last three years than I have had red sox players. I had Rocco Baldelli on my team even when he wasn't even PLAYING. I kept BJ Upton on the roster even when he was sent down to the minors.

But you sure are making a case for the likability of their fans, huh?

Yeah, because fantasy baseball trumps everything, I forgot.

Sounds like you suck at it, too.

Btw, my wife and I went to Tampa this summer to see three Red Sox games. All the Rays fans we talked to were pretty clueless about even the simplest baseball rules. I tried to explain the infield fly rule to one couple for about 45 minutes, until the woman just finally dismissed it as a "silly law".

Btw, my wife and I went to Tampa this summer to see three Red Sox games. All the Rays fans we talked to were pretty clueless about even the simplest baseball rules. I tried to explain the infield fly rule to one couple for about 45 minutes, until the woman just finally dismissed it as a "silly law".

"There's nothin in the Bible about no daggone infield fly rule!"

Yeah, because fantasy baseball trumps everything, I forgot.

Sounds like you suck at it, too.

Oh, now the truth comes out. You just hate women. You know I know a few gay red sox fans and they aren't nearly as obnoxious as you.

I'm sure even after the Rays lose tonite, they will still sell out the Trop next year, right?

Just going to point out that the Rays, if acting as a profit-maximizing institution, should NEVER sell out the Trop. Just going to put that out there. Revenue maximizing is different, which involves selling out the Trop. It's an economics thing, which would involve graphs to explain.

God is giving the Rays a second chance, better not blow it!

The Rockies went straight back to the end of the line immediately this season after the spanking they took in the WS for cutting to the front of the line last year. I predict the same for TB.

Really, no fans at all until the second half of this season?

What about people that attended Devil Ray games these past ten years? People that actually own merchandise from previous seasons? Do we not count?

Sure you count ... the few thousand of you who actually exist.

Tampa Bay attendance figures, all-time:

1998* 2,506,293 (7th in AL out of 14) * - First year club existed

1999 1,562,827 (10th in AL)

2000 1,449,673 (13th in AL)

2001 1,298,365 (14th in AL - dead last)

2002 1,065,742 (14th in AL - dead last)

2003 1,058,695 (14th in AL - dead last)

2004 1,274,911 (14th in AL - dead last)

2005 1,141,669 (14th in AL - dead last)

2006 1,368,950 (14th in AL - dead last)

2007 1,387,603 (14th in AL - dead last)

2008 1,811,986 (12th in AL)

1998 and 2008 are the only years in which attendance has averaged more than 20,000 fans per game. In 2003, they managed only 13,070 fans per game.

The Rockies went straight back to the end of the line immediately this season after the spanking they took in the WS for cutting to the front of the line last year. I predict the same for TB.

That's what you get when you pander to Cod.

This TB team is better than that Rockies team.

Very true.

I'm still rooting for a Phillie win, though, as the Rays have pretty much always been a thorn in the side of BOS the last 5-6 years.

Rays are set up better for long term than the Rockies, the Rays have much better starting pitching and a deeper farm system

Im sure the 19 really die hard Rays fans really care but at the same time Im tired of hearing how long its been for their fan base, 10 years is not a long time, I'm a Texas Rangers and Detroit Lions fan, I know a little bit more than Rays fans about waiting for a championship run

Rays are set up better for long term than the Rockies, the Rays have much better starting pitching and a deeper farm system

Of course they are. It was a fluke for the Rockies. TB is solid.

I guess my snark is off kilter or something.