Isn't it time for a new election thread?!

Actually I am nuts, I do the majority of my posting from the psych ward of the local hospital.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am talking about the Republican candidates for President and Vice-President. I do not like or follow conservative beliefs - but that is not what I am talking about.

What?

McCain and Palin represent a set of ideals that people might happen to agree with. How can you not understand this?

What?

McCain and Palin represent a set of ideals that people might happen to agree with. How can you not understand this?

while i'm not going to defend Aman... what if their ideals were in line with that of the KKK? would that make it ok, just because they represent a set of issues opposite of mine?

just a hypothetical question, but you get my point, in that where do you draw the line?

What?

How can you not understand someone feeling that in certain circumstances their ideology is trumped by their patriotism, i.e. their belief that one candidate is better for the country in general? It is a simple concept.

:unsure

huh?

Some people of conservative beliefs would never vote for a democrat. Quite a few people in this thread have

indicated they would never vote for a republican.

I get the sense reading this thread from some that one of those is ok, but not the other.

Not that I would ever vote for a Republican - but those who do, and vote for McCain/Palin, must be nuts.
Thank you for the Buckley, Aman. I enjoy his voice and style. I agree. You must be either unintelligent or crazy to vote McCain. Ideology is irrelevant in this case. Clearly one candidate is better for the country than the other, regardless of his views on the issues. I hope that I'd do the right thing if the roles were reversed.

talk about having your head in the sand. "Clearly better" to you, maybe. I happen to think an Obama presidency has the potential to be a fucking disaster. Then again, I'm nuts.

I do not give a fuck what you think. There are a lot of Republicans out there who are turning there backs on McCain/Palin, even some people I know who are die hard Democrat haters.

So, the one's that haven't "turned their backs" are nuts?

talk about having your head in the sand. "Clearly better" to you, maybe. I happen to think an Obama presidency has the potential to be a fucking disaster. Then again, I'm nuts.

Touche'. and well played.

I admitted in a later post that the 'crazy' characterization I used was an exaggeration.

i can't say that Obama will make a good President (yet), but i can honestly say that I know exactly what we'd get from a McCain Presidency...

hey, at least you admit to the unknown involved with Obama. That's more than can be said for a lot of people.

i can't say that Obama will make a good President (yet), but i can honestly say that I know exactly what we'd get from a McCain Presidency...

crystal-ball.jpg

Nostradamus_Centuries_antidated.jpg

hey, at least you admit to the unknown involved with Obama. That's more than can be said for a lot of people.

:thumbup

now do i think he'll do a BAD job? no... but I realize that there's a lot of factors involved in how good or bad of a job a President can do, often times out of their hands (sure 9/11 didn't help GW, but he squandered the sympathy and unity that came out of it with the Iraq War, so...)

do share...

look back the last 8 years, deviate from that a bit, up or down, for better or worse, your pick, and voila...

basically what i'm saying is, a McCain Presidency would not change America's course (for the better or worse... well it could GET worse, but it would be a continued downward slide, not a completely different set of problems.) our financial problems would likely subside in time on their own, but there are things that can be done to "right the ship" in a quicker manner. while many of the things necessary to do so might cost a LOT of money, they'll most likely save us $$ in the long run.

while i'm not going to defend Aman... what if their ideals were in line with that of the KKK? would that make it ok, just because they represent a set of issues opposite of mine?

just a hypothetical question, but you get my point, in that where do you draw the line?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll do what I can to answer it.

Essentially, you are asking if a candidate ran on the ideals of the KKK, would it be ok for someone to support them?

Well, yeah. It's what they support. It's fucked up, but it's what they believe. We live in a country where you are free to support whomever you choose.

But that's a kind of unrelated deal. Because they don't support hate (I know people will say "lolo yes they do!!1", but they don't.) so it's not really fair. They represent the views of a large part of the country, and calling those who do support them crazy is just ridiculous.

Not much, because the democrats are going to have a massive majority in congress. And given the current economic climate, neither one of them will be able to accomplish much of their pet projects because they'll be too busy trying to clean up what Bush is leaving them with.

I think no matter what, we'll have a different president in charge in 2013 than in 2009.

now do i think he'll do a BAD job? no... but I realize that there's a lot of factors involved in how good or bad of a job a President can do, often times out of their hands (sure 9/11 didn't help GW, but he squandered the sympathy and unity that came out of it with the Iraq War, so...)

I beg to differ GWB benfitted mightily from 911. He was dead in the water on 9/10. 9/11 gave him the opportunity to push his radical agenda and it helped buy him a second term.

I find it irresponsible that a "democrat" or "republican" would ever say that they wouldn't vote for the other party. Again, I understand confusion about why folks refuse to move away from the McCain/Palin ticket... but it becomes increasingly clear why they wouldn't if a "democrat" is stating that they would never vote for a "republican" candidate. Hypocrisy running amok?

I find it irresponsible that a "democrat" or "republican" would ever say that they wouldn't vote for the other party. Again, I understand confusion about why folks refuse to move away from the McCain/Palin ticket... but it becomes increasingly clear why they wouldn't if a "democrat" is stating that they would never vote for a "republican" candidate. Hypocrisy running amok?

Republicans and Democrats don't get held to the same standards here.

Who is more evil to the democrats here, a republican, or an independent who doesn't vote Obama?

Well, yeah. It's what they support. It's fucked up, but it's what they believe. We live in a country where you are free to support whomever you choose.

you just answered your own question, and why Aman is fully allowed to feel the way he does...

doesn't make it right, but doesn't make it wrong or necessarily bad either.

do i wish the US was less divided these days? sure, i'd hope everyone would agree with that.

Not much, because the democrats are going to have a massive majority in congress. And given the current economic climate, neither one of them will be able to accomplish much of their pet projects because they'll be too busy trying to clean up what Bush is leaving them with.

I think no matter what, we'll have a different president in charge in 2013 than in 2009.

agreed. whoever wins (well, ok, Obama is going to win, but still) will get very little done in the first 2 years, for like you said, cleaning up after GW's messes.

well that sure is a great example of exactness...

i'm not THAT good at predicting the future, cut me some slack :cheekkiss

you just answered your own question, and why Aman is fully allowed to feel the way he does...

doesn't make it right, but doesn't make it wrong or necessarily bad either.

do i wish the US was less divided these days? sure, i'd hope everyone would agree with that.

Oh, he's fully allowed to believe that people who support McCain are nuts, but it makes him look close minded, and he should get called out on it. It's shit like that that makes a lot of people hate discussing politics.