Isn't it time for a new election thread?!

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt I will ever vote for a Republican, at least in the foreseeable future. I have voted for third party candidates in local elections several times, but voted Democratic in the two Presidential elections that I've voted in. I would vote for a third party candidate in a Presidential election under certain circumstances.

It seems like the Reps are even more to the right this time around. Maybe because they've galvanized their base to a point where it is polarizing them. I understand they needed a jumpstart, but picking Pallin (around w. terrorists) was the dumbest thing ever. The fencesitters are overwhelming siding w/ Dems. The 'vote for the man god wants' sentiment appears to have been revived in my area since her pick. I was planning to vote for a Rep for a local seat but knowing he subscribes to this shit is making me think about a Bobbob no vote. Our AG and state senate Dem candidate switched from Rep 2 yrs ago.

I wonder what the future of the Rep party is? Their numbers appear to be dimishing greatly and unless they do something drastic they will be raptured.

I think I could vote for a democrat......if he was like a republican.

we have 2 in our state race for AG and Senate, turncoats.

Oh here we go, you din't.

The video cam vigilante kid rules, thanx for the linx.

Yes except the reporter said the kid's Obama Biden sign was stolen in April. There were no Obama Biden signs until after the Democratic Nomination Party thingy.

MAN NAMES BABY SARAH MCCAIN PALIN -- AGAINST WIFE'S WISHES

ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. -- A new father has secretly named his baby girl Sarah McCain Palin after the Republican ticket for president and vice president.

Mark Ciptak of Elizabethton put that name on the documents for the girl's birth certificate, ignoring the name Ava Grace, which he and his wife had picked earlier.

"I don't think she believes me yet," he told the Kingsport Times-News for a story to be published Tuesday. "It's going to take some more convincing."

Ciptak, a blood bank employee for the American Red Cross, said he named his third child after John McCain and Sarah Palin to "to get the word out" about the campaign.

"I took one for the cause," he said. "I can't give a lot of financial support for the (McCain/Palin) campaign. I do have a sign up in my yard, but I can do very little."

Jeez Lo-weeze. I guess it kinda makes sense the American Red Cross would hire this guy to handle blood. I give blood regularly, and I'm convinced they'll hire just about anyone.

I have never voted for a Republican over a Democrat and have a hard time imagining that I ever would*.

I'd be much more likely to vote for a third party candidate.

*Well, the Democratic candidate v. George Ryan ran to the right of him (before I could vote), but Ryan was a crook.

I voted for Lincoln Chafee until the last run and I really agonized over it, but in the end I knew i had to vote the party (democratic) line.

I have never voted for a Republican over a Democrat and have a hard time imagining that I ever would*.

I'd be much more likely to vote for a third party candidate.

*Well, the Democratic candidate v. George Ryan ran to the right of him (before I could vote), but Ryan was a crook.

when I lived in PA, I voted for Arlen Specter

I honestly think that I would vote for a Republican for president in a similar situation to this one where the roles were reversed. Everything being identical except the parties were switched and I felt that the 'Democratic McCain/Palin' could possibly win, I would vote for the Republican. I have been registered No Party since I was 18 but I usually vote Democratic except for an occasional 3rd party. I have voted Republican in local elections in the rare instances when I felt that the Democrat was 'slimy/crooked/crazy' and the Republican was a person of integrity.

I have voted for three Republicans in my life - my dad, who I knew was really a Democrat, my dad's friend and the man who makes the trains run on time here in Dutchess County.

that has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

Oh Yea?

http://www.wftv.com/news/17700921/detail.html

WFTV.com

Related To Story

Flaming Pet Rat Starts Fire, Damages Titusville Home

POSTED: 7:03 am EDT October 13, 2008

UPDATED: 5:11 pm EDT October 13, 2008

TITUSVILLE, Fla. -- A pet rat, a piece of twine and some questionable judgment ended with a Brevard County home in flames. David Stanifer and two friends were inside the home on Friars Court (see map) in Brevard County when the fire started early Monday morning.

Stanifer and two other people were chasing the rat, named Amelia Earhart, around the house.

"They told us they were playing with their pet mouse or rat and they tied a ribbon to it and they were cutting a ribbon with the lighter," said Lt. Teresa Uzel of the Brevard County Fire Rescue.

"She was getting adventurous and we wanted to let her walk around on the ground and we didn't want her running off too far, so we grabbed some twine and some jingle bells so she didn't get too far," Stanifer told Eyewitness News (watch interview).

Stanifer said he didn't have any scissors to cut the twine, so he tried to use a lighter to burn through it. The rat started to run around the garage, starting small fires.

"This is a first time. It's a believable story because things happen, but this is a first with a rat," Uzel said.

"I had a few beers before it happened, but nothing out of the ordinary," Stanifer told Eyewitness News.

The residents tried putting the fire out, but were unsuccessful. More than a dozen firefighters responded to help fight the blaze.

"This is my parent's house. My dad's not here right now. He's in Africa on a mission trip and my mom works most of the time. We can't get a hold of her," said Stanifer.

Fire investigators said the damage to the home will cost nearly $30,000 to repair. The rat was unharmed.

Copyright 2008 by wftv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

when I lived in PA, I voted for Arlen Specter

I don't agree with Specter on everything but I will say this: if the Senate had more Republicans like Arlen this country would be much better off.

The saddest part of the baby-naming thing is that a person could have that much affinity for any politician, let alone Sarah Palin. Why would you name your kid after any politician? I wouldn't share my seat on the bus with 90% of them.

Not that I would ever vote for a Republican - but those who do, and vote for McCain/Palin, must be nuts.

Man, if it were like 4 in the morning, and I was bored enough, I'd probably be looking at another 2 day vacation right now...

Instead, I'll just say this is a really dumb post.

Do people seriously not understand the idea of ideological differences? They agree with the policies McCain and Palin are running on, so they vote for them. How hard is it to understand?

Man, if it were like 4 in the morning, and I was bored enough, I'd probably be looking at another 2 day vacation right now...

Instead, I'll just say this is a really dumb post.

Do people seriously not understand the idea of ideological differences? They agree with the policies McCain and Palin are running on, so they vote for them. How hard is it to understand?

I do not give a fuck what you think. There are a lot of Republicans out there who are turning there backs on McCain/Palin, even some people I know who are die hard Democrat haters.

I'm registered Independent here in PA- I've probably voted dems all my life for Prez, but at other levels there are times I've gone 3rd party or Reuplican, if the candidate was worthy.

If you had asked me 18 months ago, i would have bet Rudy would've been the big winner, and possibly have cast my vote as such. i think his primary strategy imploded due to his decision to forgo some early states....maybe other reasons as well....

I do not give a fuck what you think. There are a lot of Republicans out there who are turning there backs on McCain/Palin, even some people I know who are die hard Democrat haters.

So you don't understand how people can agree with a conservative mindset and not be nuts? How close minded ca you be?

Anectdotal evidence of a few people that a dude from West Virginia knows who are voting Obama does not mean that everyone who votes for McCain/Palin is nuts.

This is just a really narrow minded world view from both sides, and it's the reason nothing can ever get done. We can't look past stupid labels, and instead just demonize or write off the other half without a thought. It's ridiculous, and it happens from dudes in West Virginia to politicians in Washington.

So you don't understand how people can agree with a conservative mindset and not be nuts? How close minded ca you be?

Anectdotal evidence of a few people that a dude from West Virginia knows who are voting Obama does not mean that everyone who votes for McCain/Palin is nuts.

This is just a really narrow minded world view from both sides, and it's the reason nothing can ever get done. We can't look past stupid labels, and instead just demonize or write off the other half without a thought. It's ridiculous, and it happens from dudes in West Virginia to politicians in Washington.

I am talking about the Republican candidates for President and Vice-President. I do not like or follow conservative beliefs - but that is not what I am talking about.