It's time for a New Election Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's pretty simple really. When he's campaigning in Philadelphia, he roots for the Phillies, and when he's campaigning in Tampa Bay, he shows love to the Rays," McCain quipped.

Obama's camp fired back, saying, "I guess these are the kinds of attacks you make when your campaign has conceded that if you talk about the economy, you'll lose. Senator Obama said he's rooting for the Phillies. Yesterday, he said nice things about the members of the team who came out to support him, but that doesn't change the fact that Tampa Bay bounced his White Sox out of the playoffs."

I was gonna vote for McCain, but not now.

I can't believe McCain is questioning Obama's baseball rooting interests. What an asshole.

Way to go Obama for defending your right to root for whoever you want!!

if he's in favor of the federal gov't staying out of the decision, shouldn't he be in favor of repealing roe v. wade?

What's the point? Legal abortion will never ever be thrown out of this country even if some states outlaw it. So, why have a long drawn out process to overturn it only to have states mess with it? We have far more important things to focus on. Can you imagine the hate and viloence that could erupt among people in states over this issue?What's the point?

Research what happens to woman in countries that have ilegal abortion.

Obama has said what makes more sense is to offer education and help regarding the issue. Has abortion gone down under Bush? NO!

Did you know that if you remove the B and replace it with an S, His name becomes OSAMA???

Also, his middle name is Hussein, which is the same last name of a certain former dictator of Iraq. Think about it!

Not only that, but if you SAY his middle name, it's like you're asking Who's Sane? As in who's sane enough to recognize we're THIS close to electing the antichrist?!?!?!?

I am that sane, my friends. Vote LaRouche.

OBAMA IS NOT A COMMUNIST! FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

He's not? Can we at elast agree that he is the Anti-Christ?

I can't believe McCain is questioning Obama's baseball rooting interests. What an asshole.

Of course once again McCain & his minions take Obama's quotes & comments out of context convieniently leaving out the part where Obama talks about his team the white sox.

Wow.

Has abortion gone down under Bush? NO!

You can argue, of course, that there are still too many liberal judges and that McCain would be in a position to change that. Not that I don't believe abortion has been little more than a wonderfully played political gimmick* these last few cycles. I'm just saying.

*I know, I know. It's not a gimmick to those of you who want the ruling reversed, but as used by politicians, I'd like some proof that it is anything more than words.

You can argue, of course, that there are still too many liberal judges and that McCain would be in a position to change that. Not that I don't believe abortion has been little more than a wonderfully played political gimmick* these last few cycles. I'm just saying.

*I know, I know. It's not a gimmick to those of you who want the ruling reversed, but as used by politicians, I'd like some proof that it is anything more than words.

I get what your saying, but many voted for Bush because he's such a wonderful Christian against abortion...

Also, even if we reversed it abortion will remain in the USA. McCain/Palin supporters refuse to see this point. Voting based on religion or abortion is just plain stupid. Wasting time on Roe V Wade is a waste of time.

Do judges really have anything to do with the number of abortions not going down? They can't make that argument with a striaght face, If no laws are put out there to work the court system the judges are irrelevant. I think the point being made was that for eight years nothing was done to curb the need for abortions as well as nothing being done to curb the actual number of abortions.

I don't think abortion proponents will get much relief from Obama either. Four out of the last five SC appointees have seen them run left when they're expected to run right and vice versa.

I think the point being made was that for eight years nothing was done to curb the need for abortions as well as nothing being done to curb the actual number of abortions.

Of course it wasn't (I noted it was a political gimmick). That is why somebody like Palin has made it onto the ticket: all of these people are for abstinence only, no abortions anytime ever kind of policies that have a limited basis in reality. I sincerely believe that most politicians that are outspoken on this issue want to keep the number of abortions stagnant. If it gets higher, there is more pressure to actually do something. If it gets lower, they can't use it as an effective wedge issue. As it stands, it's just about right. They can talk a big game with no real outrage when nothing changes.

I don't want to jinx anything here, but Virginia is on the brink of voting a democrat into the white house for the first time since 1964. i am sure it is not a coincidence that caliber and i just happened to move here this year.

hm? :pirate

you're welcome.

You have our undying thanks for that!!!

I went to Catholic mass two weeks ago and two of the maybe five petitions were advocating for the Republican party, more or less. One was to protect the rights of the unborn, and I'm more than okay with that one (this is the example of less) being mentioned in church. The next one was for people to make good choices during the election season, with both abortion and abstinence being mentioned (this is the example of more). It is very hard for that second one not be read as vote for McCain because they didn't mention keeping our troops safe and alive (or civilians, for that matter), they didn't mention putting an end to torture, etc. You can't advocate for all of the right's positions, advocate against the left's, and then suggest that you are staying out of it.
Thanks for the report from the front lines....

McCain should really not be reminding people he was in active service when most potential voters probably weren't even born.
Speaking of the unrepentant bomber Bill Ayers, perhaps everyone has forgotten the reason John McCain was shot down and spent 5 years as a POW was he was bombing North Vietnam....can I repeat that, bombing North Vietnam...oh shit I forgot you can't really talk about that...sorry....

On the way home today I was just thinking....anyone who doesn't want McCain really needs to vote for Obama.....really!!!

LouieB

Speaking of the unrepentant bomber Bill Ayers, perhaps everyone has forgotten the reason John McCain was shot down and spent 5 years as a POW was he was bombing North Vietnam....can I repeat that, bombing North Vietnam...oh shit I forgot you can't really talk about that...sorry....

LouieB

I was hoping that would get mentioned eventually.

Palin Claims The Vice President Is

is this you?

Nope, I guess I'm more of a henchman.

Emilio_Largo_by_Adolfo_Celi_200x200.jpg

Also, so let me get this straight, a Military pilot may have actually dropped bombs during active duty. How dare he.

thank you for bringing this up, really. i no longer remember how many innocent vietnamese civilians were killed by our bombs -- probably countless -- but mccain is hardly one to point fingers at anyone about bombs, killing children, or whatever else he may think his record is superior about.

And MS Palin and her views of the Vice Presidential duties in the Senate, that even dirty dick never tried to exercise. She once again just makes this shit up, and yes her supporters are that stupid for supporting her on any level. It is not a non-story,

I'm still going with non-story.

thank you for bringing this up, really. i no longer remember how many innocent vietnamese civilians were killed by our bombs -- probably countless -- but mccain is hardly one to point fingers at anyone about bombs, killing children, or whatever else he may think his record is superior about.

Yes, just like now - a war we should have not been a part of in the first place.

Gulf of Tonkin Incident