The end is near!

Of course, many Christians (including Catholics) don't take the Old Testament literally.

Heh. In fairness, the mom in this story is an environmental scientist (and Catholic) who doesn't take the Old Testament literally, but she's having trouble knowing how to explain that to her kids who are just learning about this stuff and are being told in religious education classes to take it literally and she doesn't want to confuse the hell out of them. :lol

I wasn't really making fun of the whole thing so much as it was just a cute story. Kids really are pretty smart, though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Holy crap -- RCP shows that AZ is now leaning McCain, instead of solid McCain.

RCP map

NH, being the fickle, independent place that it is, has vacilated often in the last 30 days :lol

i'm at a conference in Las Vegas and one of our speakers was talkng about the McCain Wish List vs Obama wish list for corporate deductions. McCain is in favor of doing away with the domesticemanufacturing deduction which replaced a former foreign deduction not allowed any more. Obama is in favor of ending it for oil & gas co's only (I disagree with both by the way) ANyhow they guy making reemarks said that McCain is in favor of ending the deduction for Joe the manufacturer while Obama is in favor of ending it for Joe the oil & Gas manufacturer. I amd afraid Joe the... is going to be as ubiquitous as adding the word Gate to any scandal. For introducing the "joe the plumber" to our language McCain should lose. I already hate Joe the... more than I ever hated " ... on board" signs. Urgh!

Polling indicates that Missouri isn't so much of a bellwether this year. It's been +5 for the Republicans vs. the national average for most of the season. There are a few very plausible routes to victory for Obama that don't include MO, but it would pretty much seal the deal if he did win it. :)

Reuters put Obama +2 today.

sarah-palin-1[1].jpg

I wonder how the "little starburst" guy (National Review's Rich Lowry) feels about her now, remember him?

I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can't be learned; it's either something you have or you don't, and man, she's got it.
Reuters put Obama +2 today.

Right, I mean, a bellwether state will more or less match up with the national polls. The national polls have Obama, on average, at +7%. They have him leading in Missouri by 1 or 2 points. So MO is +5 for McCain as compared to where the rest of the nation is and consistently has been around that mark.

Right, I mean, a bellwether state will more or less match up with the national polls. The national polls have Obama, on average, at +7%. They have him leading in Missouri by 1 or 2 points. So MO is +5 for McCain as compared to where the rest of the nation is and consistently has been around that mark.

Oh, oh.

My interpretation of bellweather is that Missouri tends to predict the winner.

I need someone to explain to me why some Hillary supporters are still planning on voting McCain. I don't remember where I was where I saw it/heard it, but there are still some of those people out there and I find it hard to believe that John McCain et al are somehow more aligned with Hillary Clinton than Obama is. I kind of got (although didn't respect) the outrage right at the beginning why Hillary people were still sour, but now? A week before the election? How does that make any sense whatsoever?

I need someone to explain to me why some Hillary supporters are still planning on voting McCain. I don't remember where I was where I saw it/heard it, but there are still some of those people out there and I find it hard to believe that John McCain et al are somehow more aligned with Hillary Clinton than Obama is. I kind of got (although didn't respect) the outrage right at the beginning why Hillary people were still sour, but now? A week before the election? How does that make any sense whatsoever?

straight-jacket.jpg

As far as I can tell, there really aren't very many left. Of those Clinton supporters who are supporting McCain though, I think it's mostly sour grapes, mixed in with a few racist nutbars (see the "Inadaquate black male" crazy lady, whatever her name is). Issues-wise, it doesn't make any sense at all, as Obama is way closer to Clinton on most issues than McCain is. I suppose there may be a few who just want to see a woman win something who were swayed by Palin being added to the ticket, but I can't imagine it is very many, at least now that there have been a few weeks for people to find out what Palin is really all about.

I think that contingent is no larger at this point than might usually be expected. Obama is doing pretty well amongst self-identified Democrats at this point. The long, hotly contested primary has actually helped him, as he's had his field operations already in place for the general.

Cutting off the nose to spite the face is an expression that comes to mind.

This could be the kick in the ass that the Republicans need AND deserve. Who knows who will be the Republican nominee in 2012, but it surely will be much stronger than the middle-of-the-road, bland McCain.

This line is interesting from the above article:

No president has had the support of such a majority (if Democrats get to 60-40) since Jimmy Carter won the 1976 election.

And that sure worked out fantastically. :no