The end is near!

:rolleyes

(Also, I didn't understand your post/criticism of Ction's dream thread.)

Don't have much free time these days so I rarely come here anymore, and generally only read the political threads. Ction's post merely

illustrated that not all these people are Wilco fans!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have much free time these days so I rarely come here anymore, and generally only read the political threads. Ction's post merely

illustrated that not all these people are Wilco fans!

I'd totally post the "dick in a lightsocket img" but fear of reprimand is stopping me.

On what? Figuring out a way to get rid of the Al-Aqsa Mosque so the Temple can be rebuilt and Armageddon take place?

Ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks for the laugh!

I'm not sure what that means, since I post about five times a week

you better stop, you've already filled your quota for this week.

In all fairness, I think Spawn's dad meant to type seventy-five times a week.

After reading the last few pages, it doesn't look like I've missed much in this thread. Work just keeps getting in the way (Rigging electronic voting machines in battleground states is time-consuming work).

Looks like we might need a miracle in a week, at least when you start looking at state polls.

I should have asked for a tracking number on my vote. You know, so I could log in and check on it from time to time and make sure it is ok and stuff. Maybe even play some games with it, like a Webkinz or something. We should really consider this for the next round of elections. I'm going to send a note to my local board of elections. :usa

Also, I can't believe we've still got a week of waiting to go. :frusty

You wouldn't set yourself up for ridicule if you weren't actively being a dick and talking down to people. God damn...
I wonder if you actually read the rest of the post....

Heavens, man, you have to realize not everyone is from Chicago and not everyone on this board likes every incarnation of Wilco.
So everyone isn't from Chicago, what does that have to do with the fact that massive numbers of African-Americans all over this country see Obama as their candidate and are supporting him?? Mostly it is smug white people who can't accept that he will be a really good president.

I think another member of your group already busted on him for that post - ain't that enough?
It's okay..they all know who they are.

Meanwhile McCain is going down in flames one more time......

LouieB

Work just keeps getting in the way (Rigging electronic voting machines in battleground states is time-consuming work).

Yes, the undermining of the single most important tenet of democracy is so rather funny.

So everyone isn't from Chicago, what does that have to do with the fact that massive numbers of African-Americans all over this country see Obama as their candidate and are supporting him?? Mostly it is smug white people who can't accept that he will be a really good president.

Lou, can you not see how your posts can be taken as just as smug? I have already cast my vote for Obama, and I'm certain he will be a better president than McCain would, but not enough that I'm willing to talk down to those who disagree.

Yeah, I also temporarily forgot that everything in this topic is uber-serious.

Yeah, and I forgot that everything can be a joke. Really.

But what the hell, we need to slap each other around in this thread once in awhile, I say. Close race, almost over, what else is there? :D

:cheers

Actually I have this feeling that the turn out for this election by Obama supporters is going to be so high that any irregularities will more than cancel out issues at the polls. I know there are those who think that this election will be stolen, but after a point it will be impossible to steal.

LouieB

Yeah, and I forgot that everything can be a joke. Really.

But what the hell, we need to slap each other around in this thread once in awhile, I say. Close race, almost over, what else is there? :D

:cheers

We could get an early start on the 2010 midterm elections.

Yes, the undermining of the single most important tenet of democracy is so rather funny.

I'll go out on a limb here, but I thought the joke was kind of funny. Hey, if we can't laugh about stuff that is largely beyond our control on a message board, the terrorists have already won.

I realize it is a serious subject and a lot of us are pretty wound up and on-edge this week, but I think it is still of to make a joke every once in a while.

Lou, can you not see how your posts can be taken as just as smug? I have already cast my vote for Obama, and I'm certain he will be a better president than McCain would, but not enough that I'm willing to talk down to those who disagree.

I certainly think he'll be a better president than McCain, but as to being a great or good president who knows? When's the last time

we had a good president?

I'll go out on a limb here, but I thought the joke was kind of funny. Hey, if we can't laugh about stuff that is largely beyond our control on a message board, the terrorists have already won.

I realize it is a serious subject and a lot of us are pretty wound up and on-edge this week, but I think it is still of to make a joke every once in a while.

Yeah I pretty much said this above.

Yeah, I also temporarily forgot that everything in this topic is uber-serious.

I was going to remind you that some here believe that the only way Obama can lose is if some evil Republicans steal the election through fraud but I didn't want that to be misconstrued as the ranting of a smug white guy.

Yeah I pretty much said this above.

At this point in the process, jokes are about all I have left.

Smug??? Hell yes my posts are smug. But not really that smug in relation to the overwhelming smugness that has been coming from those who just can't quite see what the issue here is.

If you voted for Obama aren't you proud to have done so? If you are only begrudgingly voting for him then I guess you still don't really understand my point. Millions of people in this country are voting for Obama out of a true sense of optimism and hope rather than picking the lesser of two evils. Do we expect Barack to be perfect? No!! But after eight years of George W. Bush shouldn't we at least feel some relief in voting for someone who we believe is of higher quality? If people in some of the most depressed areas of this country can feel that hope, can't we?

Contrary to what you seem to be reading into my posts, I am not smug, I am baiting people who have a rather shallow and short term view of what is going on in this election. I accept that this is not the end all and be all of what needs to be done here, but it should at least be recognized as a first step (and a postitive step) and not some sort of stupidity on the parts of those who feel that casting a ballot for Obama is important.

LouieB