First of all, rating conferences is stupid and pointless. All of them have good teams and bad teams. Some are deeper, some are stronger at the top. None of it matters and I'll never understand why an SEC school's fan base would start chanting "S-E-C" after winning a game. Really? Who cares?

The only reason I care is because my team wasn't in the National Championship game because everyone decided our conference was terrible. My only point was that although the Big 12 and the SEC probably had the toughest teams in their conference this year, I don't think the separation between conferences is that great. It seems for the past few years we've ended up on the outside looking in even though we've had the same record as the national champion, and everyone agrees that USC would probably beat any team in the country. (I realize that the solution is "win all your games", but the 2 teams in the title game didn't do that either)

I also don't like Tebow because of how everyone turned him into this man of steel hero story. He started whining and crying after the Ole Miss game and said they'd play harder then everyone for the rest of the season, and then they did that. Well, USC lost to a similarly ranked team the same week, and without crying at a press conference they won 10 games in a row too. But Tebow has the will of 1000 players supposedly.

Anyway, if I had a vote in any of the polls it would go to Utah. No one should be ranked above them.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, all of the coaches are told to vote for the team who wins the BCS title game in the Coaches poll. Utah's head coach voted for Utah anyway.

Yeah, I read that. Good for him, I agree. Mack Brown said the same thing, but he apparently didn't have the balls.

I'm sure Pete Caroll would have broke the rules too, but he thinks its shady for coaches to have a say in the voting process and always declines voting.

USA Today Coaches Poll

1. Florida (60) 13-1 1,524

2. USC 12-1 1,393

3. Texas 12-1 1,389

4. Utah (1) 13-0 1,375

5. Oklahoma 12-2 1,333

6. Alabama 12-2 1,157

7. TCU 11-2 1,114

8. Penn State 11-2 1,091

9. Oregon 10-3 1,011

10. Georgia 10-3 904

AP Poll

1. Florida (48) 13-1 1,606

2. Utah (16) 13-0 1,519

3. USC (1) 12-1 1,481

4. Texas 12-1 1,478

5. Oklahoma 12-2 1,391

6. Alabama 12-2 1,264

7. TCU 11-2 1,193

8. Penn State 11-2 1,153

9. Ohio State 10-3 1,013

10. Oregon 10-3 997

How are we not talking about Harvin being shafted for the offensive MVP. Anyone who watched the fucking game could plainly see he was Florida's offense last night. Fuck Tebow. I hate him more than I've hated any athlete or team ever.

Maybe your hate for him has clouded how well he played? I think either player was deserving and Florida would have lost if you removed one or the other. Tebow's play in the second half was tough to beat. Lots of key third down plays, etc.

Those announcers were fucking horrible anyway.

I enjoyed the chants of "go for it" on third and goal from that one announcer. I thought he was going to explode and he tricked me into thinking it was fourth down.

I hate Tebow. I hate that stupid fucking jump pass, and how the media just fucking fellates him all day long because he's white and loves Jesus, and how he sounds like he's going to cry everytime he talks, and that stupid fucking speech he gave after the Ole Miss game, and how he is one of those idiotic "emotional" players who gets his team pumped up. And I hate his stupid fucking face.

God damnit. I haven't hated an athlete this much since Larry Johnson from the Knicks...

I hate Tebow. I hate that stupid fucking jump pass, and how the media just fucking fellates him all day long because he's white and loves Jesus, and how he sounds like he's going to cry everytime he talks, and that stupid fucking speech he gave after the Ole Miss game, and how he is one of those idiotic "emotional" players who gets his team pumped up. And I hate his stupid fucking face.

God damnit. I haven't hated an athlete this much since Larry Johnson from the Knicks...

What will you do if the Dolphins draft him to take over for Pennington? This is a serious question. I always struggle with what to do if my favorite pro team drafts a guy from college that I don't like. Then again, I have never hated someone (or his fucking face) as much as you hate Tebow (and his fucking face).

Maybe your hate for him has clouded how well he played? I think either player was deserving and Florida would have lost if you removed one or the other. Tebow's play in the second half was tough to beat. Lots of key third down plays, etc.

Well, yeah. Possibly. But Harvin was the better player for the whole game. Tebow had 2 good drives at the end of the game.

What will you do if the Dolphins draft him to take over for Pennington? This is a serious question. I always struggle with what to do if my favorite pro team drafts a guy from college that I don't like. Then again, I have never hated someone (or his fucking face) as much as you hate Tebow (and his fucking face).

I would cry, because there's no chance in hell Tebow is a decent NFL quarterback.

Now, if they want to draft him to play tight end and then run the "Wildcat" with him 10 times a game, I'd actually like it a lot. It would be very difficult for me to root for him, but you root for the name on the front, not the name on the back.

Well, yeah. Possibly. But Harvin was the better player for the whole game. Tebow had 2 good drives at the end of the game.

If you want, we gang up and take him out. I can't stand the dude either, but he has impressed me when I actually bother to watch him play and stop listening to assholes talk about him, Jesus, and the lepers of Cambodia or whatever.

He's impressive in that he's absolutely perfect (PERFECT) for the offense they run. He's kind of mediocre in terms of his skill set across the board, but they run an offense that accentuates what he's good at and hides his very obvious flaws. I don't see him being successful in any way as a quarterback at the next level.

And honestly, most of why I hate him has to do with the media. Because he's white and Christian, he gets way more love than he should.

I had that problem when the Bulls drafted Joakim Noah. Noah is kind of like Tebow in some ways. I woud've eventually liked him if he had become a good player, but I knew he wasn't going to. So...

Why do you hate Grandmama so?

lj7.jpg

vangundy_mourning.jpg

He was the biggest asshole on my most hated team when I was really getting into sports growing up. I'm pretty sure that first picture is from one of those epic Heat-Knicks playoff series when he hit a game winner and ran down court doing the fucking stupid "L" thing. I hated him so much.

A few random thoughts after the title game... Can a deal be put in place so Fox no longer has any major sporting event? Their coverage particularly of college football has been consistently atrocious. When I am flipping over to ESPN and picking Mark May, Lou Holtz and Lee Corso over your broadcasting team, you have a horrible broadcasting team. Mutsberger's USC obsession aside, it'll be nice to see that back with the ESPN family in two years.

I'm so jealous of Gator fans right now, this is their fourth major title in four years. This whole never winning a national championship thing that WVU has down is a bit depressing. Ah well, there's always next year.

I think I'd take college football's version of Kirk Cameron, Tebow, over a Matt Leinart any day. The media coverage of Tebow is beyond ridiculous, but however delusional he may be at least he seems like he's trying to do something with his celebrity other than purely sleep with as many co-eds as possible (not that I don't think he's probably doing that also). He actually reminds me a lot of a more animated version of Philip Rivers, though I don't see Tebow's skills translating on the next level like Rivers' did.

I was pulling for Oklahoma to win ugly hopefully on a bad call by a referee, so there would be a split national championship. Even though that didn't happen it's yet another year where this system has failed. Again eight teams, six BCS conference champions, one wild-card, highest rank non-BCS conference finisher. Play it over the three weeks of bowl season. Make it happen.

--Mike.