Beatles remasters are here!

I don't expect them to make more. But they may release the discs individually at some point (no guarantees on that either).

Check around. It's sold out on Amazon, but other places still list it as available for pre-ordering.

if you can't find the mono set you can always DL the Dr. Ebbett's mono versions until you find the box set. The Ebbett's mixes are amazing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After waiting so long for these (how many months ago were they announced?), I'm getting impatient in these final days. Two. More. Weeks.

I'm sure I'll wind up disappointed somehow. :lol

Now Amazon is sold out of the Stereo Box. Insane....

Awesome. At least that one's not a limited edition.

Who but the Beatles could sell out a 17-disc box set? :lol

As much as anything, though, it's a testament to how crappy the original CD releases were... :ermm

Which specific albums are you all most wanting to hear remastered?

The mono Sgt. Pepper's would be AWESOME to hear. I'll be buying a new Abbey Road for sure.

You think Walmarts and Targets will sell-out the sets on the first day? Will they have mono sets in-store?

Which specific albums are you all most wanting to hear remastered?

The mono Sgt. Pepper's would be AWESOME to hear. I'll be buying a new Abbey Road for sure.

You think Walmarts and Targets will sell-out the sets on the first day? Will they have mono sets in-store?

I was wondering the same thing about Target (I don't go near Walmart). Mainly, if they would have the mono set for sale. I know it's supposed to be limited, but does that mean limited to online? Best Buy, Borders, and Barnes and Noble only? Or will all these stores get some?

I'm looking forward to hearing them all in mono.

I was wondering the same thing about Target (I don't go near Walmart). Mainly, if they would have the mono set for sale. I know it's supposed to be limited, but does that mean limited to online? Best Buy, Borders, and Barnes and Noble only? Or will all these stores get some?

I'm looking forward to hearing them all in mono.

I found this at Beatlesnews.com:

With only two weeks to go now before the Beatles Remastered hits store shelves, we have now heard from many readers, and have confirmed, that the Beatles Remastered Mono Box Set, which will be available in limited quantities, is no longer available for pre-order on the web sites of Best Buy, Costco and Wal-Mart.

We do see that Best Buy is now listing the Mono Box as being available as an "Import", however, it is listed with a retail price of $703.98 and a sale price of $563.18. (The final Amazon price for the Mono Box set was $229.49.) In addition, Best Buy is listing delivery date for this import as 9/15, about a week after the Remasters' delivery date of 09/09/09.

It is unknown whether or not these retailers have separate allotments of the Mono Box for their "brick and mortar" stores, and if they will have copies in their stores of the box sets even though they are no longer selling them on their web sites.

I avoid Walmart also, but frankly, I might start asking all retailers (Walmart included) if they'll have box sets for sale in the store. It may be the same as scoring a cabbage patch doll or Wii system. This might be nuts.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few stores have mono boxes on the release date, but probably places like Amoeba rather than Target. If Target and Wal-Mart are saving any for their physical stores, they'll be scattered -- you have to figure that most of the 10,000 units got pre-ordered online, and no more than a couple thousand (if that) would be available for in-store sales. And not all of those would go to Target/Wal-Mart. The chance of ANY store having one in stock will be slim to none.

I recall when the anthology series came out the cds were everywhere. I even saw them for sale in a supermarket. I may look to see if Walmart or Best Buy has them, as that is the only two places around here where I can go and buy cds (besides Target, which does not carry much beyond greatest hits cds). Of course, when the new Pearl Jam comes out, I will be going to Target.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few stores have mono boxes on the release date, but probably places like Amoeba rather than Target. If Target and Wal-Mart are saving any for their physical stores, they'll be scattered -- you have to figure that most of the 10,000 units got pre-ordered online, and no more than a couple thousand (if that) would be available for in-store sales. And not all of those would go to Target/Wal-Mart. The chance of ANY store having one in stock will be slim to none.

my friend who works at the Electric Fetus (great local store here) said they're not expecting to get ANY of the initial pressing of the Mono box :/

Since I don't the record album have Let It Be, I have not seen this for a long time:

The original box set packaging of Let It Be. It contained a 160 page booklet with photos and quotes from the film.

I think it would have been cool if they would threw in the other albums, such Live At The Hollywood Bowl, A Collection of Beatles Oldies, Hey Jude (the album), etc.

Beatles Discography

I'm getting both, since I'm a Beatles nerd, but if you only have the money to get one of the box sets, I would make it the Stereo version, if for no other reason than the fact that you'll get all original albums in one set. Also, I happen to like stereo better, so I'll probably listen to the stereo box more often.

Original albums are the mono ones. The best choice is the mono box set, and the original stereo ones apart.

Then, with money and curiosity, you can buy the other stereo CDs on a whim.

Original albums are the mono ones. The best choice is the mono box set, and the original stereo ones apart.

Then, with money and curiosity, you can buy the other stereo CDs on a whim.

Yeah, but I think the best option is to download the mono ones and just buy Let It Be & Abbey Road - which is what I'm doing now. They're definately going to release the mono seperately in a year or so, and I'm also certain that they'll release another batch of box sets which will be sold for much cheaper.

Another bit of information I've found out about the differences in the new mono and stereo is that only the stereo remasters have been subjected to limiting (which is what they do to make music artificially louder, and it clips the sound) - the mono versions have been untouched, presumably because they are punchy and loud enough mixes to not need it.

That figures.

I would think a holiday release will happen. That is the one time of year people are most likely to buy that sort of thing, who would not normally buy expensive box sets.