Congrats to President-Elect OBAMA

The election "market" shows the probablility for an Obama win at 94%, up from 90 yesterday. Better be right -- my sister has a ticket to the event in Grant Park :lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need a shoulder to cry on tonight Jules I'm here for ya.

I know you wish I really care that much, but I don't.

I sincerely hope it's not, but this Grant Park thing looks like a friggin' mess. Regardless of which side you're on.

Don't sweat it... in no time there'll be the broken campaign promises thread.

"Wait, my taxes went up too, I'm not wealthy!"

I know you wish I really care that much, but I don't.

I sincerely hope it's not, but this Grant Park thing looks like a friggin' mess. Regardless of which side you're on.

agreed... I can't believe anyone would consider heading down there. History or not.

:dontgetit

Have you heard from Lou? I was wondering if you guys were heading over..

So last night I pulled up late to my office and an enourmous Harley adorned with McCain and Stoppy (a local republican I am voting against) was parked outside. I had the pleasure of giving a massage to Stoppy's old military husband who loves talking about how liberals suck and McCain rules. ANd, to top it off, he went into detail about his love of hunting. :huh

I'm a hippy looking massage therapist with a massage room full of tree artwork, candles, Indian music..and the hippy works. I have my suburu outback parked outside full of Obama stickers. Not sure why he assumed I was a republican? :omg

Like a good therapist though, I just listened. I also had bad gas I wasn't so afraid to let out here and there.

i don't think lou is going. i am going down with my zoom recorder to see what i can capture & my photog friend will be with me as well

seems scary... so many people, traffic, goofnuts, etc.

while this is true & i would typically stay away from large crowd events, something really makes me want to be there.

agreed... I can't believe anyone would consider heading down there. History or not.

You got that right.....

Nope...not me. Hell I couldn't get my butt out of the house last night to see the Magnolia Electric Company at the Abbey. I don't need to spend election night with a million crazy motherfuckers (Obama supporters or not..) in ultra crowded Grant Park. They are restricting where people go and the area where the non-ticket holders are going to have to go isn't that big (where they hold jazz and other fests....Butler Field I think it is called, by the Petrillo bandshell.) It will be on TV and that is good enough for me.

Landslide people...landslide......

LouieB

God (or what ever diety/spirit/intangible force you subscribe to) forbid McCain wins tonight, can you imagine what is going to happen at the Obama rally tonight? Grant Park, large angry mob, Chicago Police, Mayor Daley. Yikes.

With that said, Obama is going to win.

From Jonathan Martin's POLITICO blog :lol

There will be many hungover GOP (or Dem) participants

November 04, 2008

"Liberal media drinking game"

Jonathan Grella, a former Tom DeLay spokesman turned PR maven, has the tonic for all your righties.

It's ambitious, but if tonight turns out poorly for the GOP,this prescription may also may be just what some of you need to get through the evening.

Drink (a full drink) every time you hear the following terms on TV tonight:

-

Did that affect the tip? Or do people not tip their masseuse (sp?)

My gas wasn't stinky, just frequent. :shifty Plus, I use peppermint smelly lotion that would mask any smell.He actually gave me a big tip! From my personal experience, the more $$ a client has the smaller the tip. My best tippers are the college kids. My rich dem and republican lawyers..bad tippers. Millitary, not so good. Stay @ home moms, the best tippers. I charge $50 and hour and like a 15-20% tip. I usually get an average of 15% which is fine since I own myself. When I worked at a spa I got bigger tips but less money overall. I keep my price pretty low.

Tip your massage therapist!

$50 for an hour is damn cheap! If I ever get my tight-ass back muscles to your neck of the woods, Moontower, I might have to take advantage. Just lay off the beans, okay?

Kim and Kate have talked me into coming to Chicago tonight, but I'm on the verge of chickening out. I'm getting all maternal and don't want to leave the kid at home on such a big night. Damn ovaries.