How long did you wait in line to vote?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only had to wait a few minutes. There was only one person in the line for my precinct. I even let some people go ahead of me - as they did not have the day off - and were trying to vote before they had to go to work.

Guest Speed Racer
Got to the polls at 7am (they open at 7) and I waited just under an hour and a half to vote.

Southwest Minneapolis.

Dinkytown (also Minneapolis, near Dylan's 4th Street (positively), for you other folks)

Got there at 6:40 with about 100 people, was out by 7:20 with a line around the block. I was the 6th voter, because NO ONE was registered. My precinct is by the University of Minnesota in a predominately student population, and despite the fact that PIRG and ACORN have been knocking on our doors daily, apparently no one registered. Except me, as I checked that handy box when I got my MN driver's license last year.

I live in St Petersburg Florida. I early voted on Friday. They only have 3 early voting sites in the entire county, and originally they were closing at 4 PM. Thank god they were extended to 7 PM. I went after work on Halloween and voted against the incumbent supervisor of elections.

1 hour 40 minutes. Over the weekend it was over 4 hours, so not so bad.

Our entire county votes in one place (rural east/central Kansas)...we were there at 7:30 a.m. and no waiting. It was actually busier than I'd ever seen it...and still no line. Small town living! :stunned

edit: hubby was number 30 and I was number 35 today. LOL

Dinkytown (also Minneapolis, near Dylan's 4th Street (positively), for you other folks)

Got there at 6:40 with about 100 people, was out by 7:20 with a line around the block. I was the 6th voter, because NO ONE was registered. My precinct is by the University of Minnesota in a predominately student population, and despite the fact that PIRG and ACORN have been knocking on our doors daily, apparently no one registered.

We had some talk about that in one of the political threads - I think for students, it is a touchy deal - that is voting where they go to school, or voting where they actually live when not in school.

Arrived at 6:35 for 7 AM opening and was behind approx. 75 people, just inside the door to the building. The line got much, much longer before the polls opened.

By the time I voted and peeled out of there, however, the line had shrunk to the point where everyone was inside the building.

I walked out around 7:30, so I didn't quite wait an hour. This is in Ann Arbor, ward 4 precinct 7.

Ward 5, precinct 7 votes at the same location, but their line was a bit shorter than ours. Slackers.

15 minutes between getting out of the car and getting back in. I live in a rural township between Kalamazoo & Battle Creek, MI with two voting precincts in the township. I went to vote at 8:00 a.m., the polls had been open for an hour, and according to the electronic scantron voting machine, my ballot was the 89th ballot of the day.

Jersey City NJ

we were at the polls around 6:45. there were plenty of people there, but we didn't have to wait long at all. I love going with my husband to vote; we always do it together and have for the last 12 years.

Guest Speed Racer
We had some talk about that in one of the political threads - I think for students, it is a touchy deal - that is voting where they go to school, or voting where they actually live when not in school.

My roommate is in grad school. She could have voted in her home state or here, and she based her decision on important issues on the ballot in each state. Since her home state will easily go red, she decided to vote here. She's lived here year-round for six years now, so she considers herself a resident.

My roommate is in grad school. She could have voted in her home state or here, and she based her decision on important issues on the ballot in each state. Since her home state will easily go red, she decided to vote here. She's lived here year-round for six years now, so she considers herself a resident.

One of my grad school friends is from Pennsylvania and voted in Illinois. I wanted to smack him.

I'm in a West suburb of Chicago.

I was the first in line at 6:00 this morning, so I didn't wait long.