• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Francis X. Hummel
Just watched "The Departed" last night. Not sure why it took so long to get to it. My new favorite actress:

The Departed is amazing. Did you like it? And hell ya, Vera Farmiga is great, and a babe.

She's attractive, and maybe a good actress (I haven't seen her in anything else), but to me Farmiga's the worst thing about The Departed. The movie sinks to a level it never recovers from once she shows up.

Guest Francis X. Hummel
She's attractive, and maybe a good actress (I haven't seen her in anything else), but to me Farmiga's the worst thing about The Departed. The movie sinks to a level it never recovers from once she shows up.

i thoroughly disagree with you. in fact, i'm flat out mad at you for saying that. :D

she has some good, and important dialogue, and nails it.

"The Wrestler". Well done and I dont care what people say, Marisa Tomei (SP?) is smoking hot.

"Humboldt County" Could've been a comedy, could've been a drama but whoever put this together didnt know what the hell they wanted. It failed on all accounts. Perhaps they were stoned throughout the duration of making this.

I dont care what people say, Marisa Tomei (SP?) is smoking hot.

:brow This is up for debate?

I watched Before The Devil Knows You're Dead over the weekend. Tomei must have a clothesless clause in her contracts these days.

Been on a blaxploitation kick over the past week:

51P39J9YAXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg 51VDR6FVG4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51BVHVBDRSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg 51QCA8GWW8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I watched Before The Devil Knows You're Dead over the weekend. Tomei must have a clothesless clause in her contracts these days.

She doesnt have to do it but thank god she does.

The Departed is amazing. Did you like it? And hell ya, Vera Farmiga is great, and a babe.

I loved the Departed. Nice Scorcese-like ending to it.

Vera's character was kind of a distraction to the story, I have to agree with Sir Stewart. But damn, I kept wishing for her to show up again.

Yeah, I've been saying this since A Different World. I've never heard anyone express an opposing view.

B0009HBPEO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I recently saw this one, which she's in, and which was very enjoyable:

Happy_Accidents.jpg

Also watch The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - Holy Shit! that is one stellar piece of movie. the acting performances were incredible, from pitt, to affleck, to sam rockwell, to fucking sam shepard. it was beautifully shot, well directed/written. the narration in this movie was top notch. probably my favorite narration ever in a movie (also love alec baldwin in the royal tenenbaums).

Agreed...I love that movie. I wish I had seen all those beautiful shots on the big screen. :frusty

Guest Hollinger.

Just reserved Taken and My Bloody Valentine on the Redbox. In the mood for violence tonight. Watched Fanboys last night. Good shit. Not necessary worth some of the hype it got, but I know they were kind of at the studios mercy as far as the final cut.

Been on a blaxploitation kick over the past week:

Speaking of which, I saw bits and parts of "Scream Blackula Scream" last weekend (featuring Pam Grier). For what it was, it was ok.

Oddly enough, at the ripe age of 20 I have finally seen the first 2 terminators. I had no clue how good they were, I must have had a sheltered childhood or something. I wanted to watch them before seeing Terminator Salvation, but funny enough, according to my pals T4 is terrible so I skipped it.

So rather than seeing Terminator, I instead watched Eternal Sunshine and Synecdoche New York. As a whole, I enjoyed Synecdoche more, BUT, the back story to the Lacuna corporation was so intriguing to me. To me, both movies were so complex that a second viewing would do me some good. After seeing Synecdoche New York I definitely felt a bit in awe of how Kaufman took such an overwhelming idea and made it work in a 2 hour film.

51uyxjSPwSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I don't have any interest in the remake with Travolta, the original is good enough for me.

51PCJVW7ECL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

What a talented musician. I knew he was a good singer, but damn, he's got some guitar chops too. Seems like a great guy as well.

sugar1.jpg

Is Sugar, which charts a season in the life of single-A Dominican pitcher Sugar Santos, the best baseball movie ever made? If you prefer your baseball movies to be realistic, honest, unsentimental, and overflowing with details about life in the system, it might be. (At the very least, it's light years better than Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck's last feature, Half Nelson, which was wonderfully acted but also a total crock.)

Lexx

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lexx is a science fantasy television series that follows the adventures of a group of mismatched individuals aboard the organic space craft Lexx. They travel through two universes and encounter planets including a parody of our own.

The series is a Canadian and German co-production, with some additional funding from Britain's Five. Not originally produced for a US network, the series features more sexual innuendo and nudity than audiences in the United States are generally accustomed to seeing in non-premium programming. The Sci Fi Channel purchased the series from Salter Street Films and began airing versions of Season 2 episodes for United States' audience in January 2000[1].

Lexx was co-produced by Salter Street Films, later absorbed by Alliance Atlantis. In Canada, Lexx aired on the Alliance Atlantis-owned Showcase network.

The series was primarily filmed in Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada) and Berlin (Germany), with additional filming on location in Iceland, Bangkok (Thailand) and Namibia.