• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you think of it? I was quite pleased with it apart from it being obviously unfinished. Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool( I presume) was a bit of a non runner though.

Wolverine is great. Obviously it will only get better once it is finished, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've actually watched it twice already and will probably watch the finished movie more than once.

i've watched '24 hour party people' 3 times over the past 2 weeks on IFC. can't believe i never caught it earlier than now...it's like: 'where have you been all my life? or at least my life since 1989.'

I'm kind of obsessed with that one. I've rented it from Netflix so many times it's ridiculous.

"Day the World Ended" Roger Corman's 1955 sci fi/nuke exploitation classic.

I saw this a few times when I was a little kid and it always stuck with me.

My frustration with Netflix not having it led me to buy it recently.....and it was worth every penny of the 7 bucks I spent on it.

"Elegy" with Ben Kingsley. Bloody awful, laughable.

"Heavenly Creatures" featuring Kate Winslet, directed by Peter Jackson. We liked it. Jackson's direction style is unmistakable. The guy is a treasure.

"Heavenly Creatures" featuring Kate Winslet, directed by Peter Jackson. We liked it. Jackson's direction style is unmistakable. The guy is a treasure.

I saw that when it came out and it's still my favorite Peter Jackson movie.

Watched 2 schlockfests over the weekend--"The Two Headed Transplant" and "The Thing with Two Heads". One film featured Ray Milland and Rosie Grier, the other with Bruce Dern. Not sure how either film got financed but somehow they did. Neither film was a highlight of human creative thought.

Watched 2 schlockfests over the weekend--"The Two Headed Transplant" and "The Thing with Two Heads". One film featured Ray Milland and Rosie Grier, the other with Bruce Dern. Not sure how either film got financed but somehow they did. Neither film was a highlight of human creative thought.

You forgot to add "...except for The Thing With Two Heads."

Guest Francis X. Hummel

I saw Wolverine - eh, entertaining. nothing special.

Also watched The Wrestler - pretty damn good. Mickey Rourke was pretty great. Marisa Tomei was pretty naked. good stuff.

Also watch The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - Holy Shit! that is one stellar piece of movie. the acting performances were incredible, from pitt, to affleck, to sam rockwell, to fucking sam shepard. it was beautifully shot, well directed/written. the narration in this movie was top notch. probably my favorite narration ever in a movie (also love alec baldwin in the royal tenenbaums).