• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51O+F-oBAIL._SS500_.jpg

Classic 70s Aussie exploitation film. Sort of the Wild One meets The Wild Angels with more violence.

"Burn After Reading". I wish it was burned before I viewed it. Terrible, f'n terrible. What happened to the Coens? Their last decent film was "O Brother...".

"Pineapple Express". Forgettable. Did they have a script to work off of or was that all ad-lib? I think I'm done with the arrested development genre.

"Pineapple Express". Forgettable. Did they have a script to work off of or was that all ad-lib? I think I'm done with the arrested development genre.

Really? I almost died I thought this was so funny. I thought Franco was excellent in it. Good addition to the stoner genre.

This weekend I saw:

Role Models: You can skip this one. I lol'd a couple times, but not worth the time.

X-Men: Better than I remembered. I'm a fan of the comics and I think this works alright.

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People: I enjoyed this a lot. I've always found Simon Pegg funny. If every rom-com was like this, I would have less fork tine marks in my ears and eyes.

209848Son-of-Dracula-Posters1.jpg

Watched this one because I'm a huge Harry Nilsson fan. I've heard people claim this is the worst film ever made. I wouldn't go that far as I've seen worse, nevertheless, if you're not a Nilsson or Ringo Starr fan you might want to avoid this. The one saving grace of the film is the music thankfully.

Guest Jules
"Burn After Reading". I wish it was burned before I viewed it. Terrible, f'n terrible. What happened to the Coens? Their last decent film was "O Brother...".

No Country for Old Men?

No Country for Old Men?

It was ok but it wasnt, IMHO, on par with "Blood Simple" or "Fargo". Those films imparted the Coen's 'quirks' whereas NCFOM was rather straight in its telling. I think almost any director in Hollywood could've done a decent job with NCFOM.

It was ok but it wasnt, IMHO, on par with "Blood Simple" or "Fargo". Those films imparted the Coen's 'quirks' whereas NCFOM was rather straight in its telling. I think almost any director in Hollywood could've done a decent job with NCFOM.

Burn After Reading was full of those same kind of "quirks".

Burn After Reading was full of those same kind of "quirks".

Those quirks just didnt hit my sweet spot. It felt contrived and shallow. "Barton Fink" and "Raising Arizona" are more my style.

"The Big Lebowski" I hated when it came out. I rewatched it about a year ago to see what I was missing and it fell totally flat, again. File it under 'never have to see again".

"The Big Lebowski" I hated when it came out. I rewatched it about a year ago to see what I was missing and it fell totally flat, again. File it under 'never have to see again".

Ouch!

The Big Lebowski is definitely on my "I can watch this movie over and over and over" list.

It's always interesting to hear a Coen Bros fan list the ones he/she didn't like. I didn't like Hudsucker Proxy or O Brother. The ones I've seen all have a common theme: The stupid things people will do to get something they covet.

The ones I've seen all have a common theme: The stupid things people will do to get something they covet.

Yeah, there is that common element that runs thru their tales.........I never thought of it that way.

Btw, Hudsucker and O Bro I really liked! :thumbup

Guest Gym Teacher Man

You Bite Your Tongue!

anyway, watched these this weekend...

Buy_TrainingDayDVD.jpg Like it

the-girl-next-door-soundtrack.jpg It's alright

Three_amigos.jpg Classic.

descent.jpg Not my cup of tea but not bad.

Guest Gym Teacher Man
I liked "The Descent" a lot.

Not much freaks me out but that one got me.

i have a serious fear of getting stuck in a tight spot in a cave, so it was the earlier parts of the movie that freaked me out. i didn't find the creatures that freaky.

Guest Gym Teacher Man

Fuck, I can't believe I forgot to mention that I watched this gem over the weekend...

pineapple-express.png

I laughed from start to finish. So did the lady friend. There were points of nearly passing out due to lack of, you know breathing, from laughing so hard. I can't believe someone called this one "forgettable". It's probably #2 on the Apatow list for me (40 Yr. Old Virgin being tops), and a great stoner movie.

Fuck, I can't believe I forgot to mention that I watched this gem over the weekend...

I laughed from start to finish. So did the lady friend. There were points of nearly passing out due to lack of, you know breathing, from laughing so hard. I can't believe someone called this one "forgettable". It's probably #2 on the Apatow list for me (40 Yr. Old Virgin being tops), and a great stoner movie.

I also watched this last night. It was barely okay. At almost two hours, the could've easily edited 40 minutes.

I finished watching Earth 2 yesterday. I actually watched the show when it was on - 1994-95. I noticed something was not right as I got to the end. After looking the show up online, it turns out the order of the episodes on the DVD release is not correct. Anyone ever buy a show on DVD and have that happen?