:ohwell Haven't watched it yet, but I'm such an unabashed Maher fan I'll be getting the DVD for sure.

It's worth seeing, there are some great moments but overall I thought it would be better.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken.

Well, it was relatively short.

That about sums up my feeling about it too. We saw it last night. I know it's not intended to be realistic but you could fly a plane through the holes in the plot. At least there were some satisfying kills by Liam Neeson.

Watched Milk earlier today, then this one:

nqh-poster.jpg

Totally entertaining look at 70s/80s Aussie exploitation films.

"You're in the army, eh ese?" "No... I just have short hair."

"Why is there tape on your nose?" "Exactly!"

"Do you have a bigger bag for maps and atlases, sir?"

I better stop or I'll be quoting it all night.

--Mike.

Guest Hollinger.
"Why is there tape on your nose?" "Exactly!"

"Do you have a bigger bag for maps and atlases, sir?"

I better stop or I'll be quoting it all night.

--Mike.

"EXACTLY!" is the one I use most, but god damn that is one quotable movie.

612975.jpg

51JVFX1131L._SS500_.jpg

The couple in the film aren't all that sympathetic, and they show a blatant disregard for nature. This ends up causing them unforeseen problems during their long weekend camping trip in the wilds of Australia. Some good moments of suspense and paranoia. Definitely worth checking out.

Just started this one earlier:

51mfDem+jIL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The%20X%20Files%20I%20Want%20To%20Believe%20EXTENDED%20DVDRip%20XviD-OSiRiS.jpg

The X-Files: I Want to Believe is overheated, ridiculous, disjointed, detached. Stunningly bad.

I also re-watched Burn After Reading and had just as much fun as the first time.

station%20agent.jpg

boring. very disappointed.

:o

Did you forget to hit 'play'?

One of my all time favorites

Agreed. That was a great movie.

I liked that one too. His follow up "The Visitor" was pretty good too.

May I ask why you like it? I've seen The Visitor too, and it's a bit slow, but I liked Jenkins. TSA doesn't seem to have much to say, is very slow paced, and the ending is... dependency(?). I also don't get the need to saddle the McBride character with both dwarfism and such an anachronistic obsession to make a movie about loneliness.

Re-watching season 5 of The Wire. Had only seen it online on 'those' sites.

Just finished season 4 and I'm on to season 5 as soon as Netflix can send the first disk. Amazing how much story they can pack in 12 or 13 episodes. Those kids in season 4 grew up right before our eyes in one season. Love that show.

I'm going to watch "Old Joy" today. I'm hoping it will ease all the itchy scratchy jittery symptoms I'm developing while waiting for the new Bonnie Prince album to finally make it to my ears.

Old-Joy-DVD.jpg

^^ I really liked Old Joy. I love the slow natural pacing and mood of her films.

Watched these two last night:

51T89EZ78YL._SL500_AA240_.jpg 51DDTJJ7V4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Smothered: The Censorship Struggles of the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour - 8.5/10

If you're interested in this influential show and it's battle with the CBS censors, this will be up your alley.

CSNY / Deja VU - 7/10

A combination tour documentary and examination of the Iraqi war, focusing on the divided feelings about it in America through the perspectives of the left, right and the soldiers fighting the war.

married-to-the-mob_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Married To The Mob - Damned Silence of the Lambs, cuz I'd love to call this Demme at his best. Reminded me all over again why I carried a picture of Michelle Pfieffer in my wallet in 1988 and told anyone who'd listen that she was my wife. Loony, zany, madcap fun. And Matthew Modine kills his shit in this. Kills it.