For those of you with cable, they are showing this tonight on AMC. For some reason they're still calling it "Fistful of Dynamite". Its a great movie.

51RY7RJ9WvL._SX500_.jpg

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Gran Torino Friday night and really liked it. I'm really gonna miss Clint.

Damn fine ending to his acting career.

"Will it be the old cowboy's final acting role? Don't bet on it. He has already had almost as many valedictory performances as Judy Garland. And he's got longevity in the genes. His mother, Ruth, just passed away two years ago at the age of 97. In a recent interview with Gail Sheehy, Eastwood recalled one of his last exchanges with Mom:

"I said, 'C'mon, Ruth, we're going to make 100!' But she said, 'No, I've been here long enough.' ... When the time comes that you don't enjoy it, that's a good time to give it up."

Judging by "Gran Torino," he's still very much enjoying it.

Barry Paris writes for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette"

Maybe not his last.

51XQXWKWNZL._SS500_.jpg

Simple, but quite moving. A bit depressing too, but that's to be expected with a post-nuclear holocaust survival film.

51XQXWKWNZL._SS500_.jpg

Simple, but quite moving. A bit depressing too, but that's to be expected with a post-nuclear holocaust survival film.

As a youngster, I think I devoted an entire summer to pretty much watching this movie and this movie alone on HBO

Did you read the Road by Cormic McCarthy? Now that is apocalyptic. Listen to Nick Drake and read that book and you will be pulling out the noose.

No shit. I'm still cold from reading it last month.

Did you read the Road by Cormic McCarthy? Now that is apocalyptic. Listen to Nick Drake and read that book and you will be pulling out the noose.
I listened to Ennio Morricone while reading it. Was a good match.

Watched last night:

l_04e186314ea5460f9b0414f0b00444d4.jpg

Crazy good.

41AZXJSCNQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Revolutionary Road. I'm not a fan of movies that make the shallow, Palinesque assertion that the "suburbs" are somehow less real than anywhere else. Plus, all of the actors seem like they are acting rather than embodying the characters. The whole thing reeks of smarminess.

51M27PQ9W0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

60s cinema verite style mockumentary. Quite liked this one.

I watched Recount last night. It was good. Some bad stuff happened in Fla. in 2000, but I remain convinced that Bush was the legitimate winner. Democrats signed off on the West Palm Beach ballot. Maybe more people there intended to vote for Gore, I remain convinced more people did really vote for Bush.

Just watched "Wanted" which was more entertaining than I thought it would be. Kind of had elements of "Fight Club". Good in a purely entertaining, comic book type of way.

A little late to the pary, but just watched this one:

6d6ae03ae7a02c76e10cc110.L.jpg

Pretty good. Not great (the plot was a little convoluted, IMHO), but well made. Joker obviously steals the show. Enjoyable. On scale of 1 to 10: 7.5+/-

u69930jigpf.jpg

A great movie. Phillipe is wired a little differently than most of us, in a good way. Watching the scenes of him walking across Notre Dame, Sydney Harbor Bridge, and, of course, WTC, made my feet sweat. I was a bit surprised there was no mention of 9/11 in the movie, but that's OK.

u69930jigpf.jpg

A great movie. Phillipe is wired a little differently than most of us, in a good way. Watching the scenes of him walking across Notre Dame, Sydney Harbor Bridge, and, of course, WTC, made my feet sweat. I was a bit surprised there was no mention of 9/11 in the movie, but that's OK.

Loved the movie also. You have to at least admire a man who follows his obsessions to that extreme.