I watched the Solaris remake last night. It was okay. George Clooney was crazy hawt in it, but I don't think I could enjoy it as anything other than a semi-interesting extension of the original. I'll stick with the Tarkovsky.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41P6ZXPYSXL._SS500_.jpg

Watched "The Black Cat" from this collection. Karloff and Lugosi star in this film based on a Poe story.

Anyone seen this one? It's playing Friday night at CU and I can't decide whether to see it.

Timecrimes

Intricate Spanish Sci-Fi Time-Travel Thriller

The hero of Time Crimes (Los Cronocr

Anyone seen this one? It's playing Friday night at CU and I can't decide whether to see it.

Timecrimes

Intricate Spanish Sci-Fi Time-Travel Thriller

The hero of Time Crimes (Los Cronocr

Holy crap. I have never cried so much during a movie as I did during this one (and I'm one of those people prone to crying during movies.)

dvd-large.jpg

"Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father"

It's streamable on Netflix for those of you who have accounts.

51AEAVJ693L._SS500_.jpg

The movie is good, but the soundtrack is even better (one of my favorite soundtracks ever.)

^^^^

Did you love it? That movie is awesome. I need to rewatch that one. Not only is it an amazing story, but the way in which it is presented in film is dream-like. One of my faves.

^^^^

Did you love it? That movie is awesome. I need to rewatch that one. Not only is it an amazing story, but the way in which it is presented in film is dream-like. One of my faves.

YES! I LOVE this film! I

http://www.wamcarts.org/film/images/new-pr...ory-poster1.jpg

Not perfect, a bit too long, but overall pretty good.

Really flat, especially the end. Not a bad movie, but not very memorable.

Watchmen - It was good, I think I'm going to watch it again.

I have some strong opinions about this one, including the new ending that changes both the superficial and the deeper morality questions. Dunno if this is the right thread for it.

I will say that Snyder should have concentrated more on the story and less on making 300 pt 2 (gorefest).

The Ruins.

Sucked.

Understatement. You kinda know what you're getting into, but man, it's just awful. There is nothing redeeming about it at all.

"In Brueges"

Yawnfest.

I'll admit I chuckled a couple of times, but overall yeah, it's not enough to really hold your attention.

I want to see the Diving Bell & the Butterfly, but the description sounded too depressing. Scared me off.

• 2 weeks later...