• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macca's Christmas song ("Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime") has to be on this list. Thank god the holiday season is over and I won't have to hear this turd for another 11 months. Unfortunately, then I will have to hear it endlessly for the next holiday season.

with apologies to the Doors, I still have to go with "What's Going On" by 4 Non Blondes

"i said a-HEY-YEAH-YEAH-YEAH

"a HEY-YEAH-YAY-YAY

"i said-a HEY! WHAT'S GOING ON?"

what's going on? you can't fucking sing, you piece of shit

Don't worry, someone'll go for Jim and the boys. :yes

I'll add my traditional entry to these lists that pop up here every once in awhile:

that horrible song "what if god was one of us, just a slob like one of us." I have no idea who sings it, and this is probably best for everyone involved.

with apologies to the Doors, I still have to go with "What's Going On" by 4 Non Blondes

"a HEY-YEAH-YAY-YAY

Hey that song was a hit.. Made a lot of money. Some of the dumbest songs with the dumbest choruses are catchy enough to be hits.

And no, I'm not Linda Perry. :lol

"a HEY-YEAH-YAY-YAY

This may very well be my choice too, though I have to think for a bit. I fucking HATE that song.

I'll add my traditional entry to these lists that pop up here every once in awhile:

that horrible song "what if god was one of us, just a slob like one of us." I have no idea who sings it, and this is probably best for everyone involved.

written i believe by Eric Bazilian of the Hooters

not sure who sang it

but it does indeed suck massively

I agree with everything so far except maybe the Macca Christmas song which I find festive. :)

Does a horrible version of a great song count? Knockin on heavens door by Guns and Roses is unbearable to me.

Now here's a thread a guy can really sink his teeth into! The mind boggles at the possibilities...I don't know where to begin. The first thing that pops into my head is "Tell Laura I Love Her" - I don't recall who sang this steaming pile of shite but as Matt said earlier, it's probably best that I don't.

More to follow....

Anything by Celine Dion, Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston should make the list!

you know the rules ... you can't say "anything by" so and so ... gotta name the song!

We Didn't Start the Fire has interesting lyrics as it is in Chronological order. I think its a decent song in that aspect!

i would say We Didn't Start the Fire is one of the 20 worst songs ever

two others came to mind

"You Had a Bad Day," which I think is by Daniel Powter

and

"You're Beautiful," by James Blunt

both suck beyond comprehension

The name you're suppressing is Joan Osborne.

How about My Humps, My Lovely Lady Lumps, Check It Out.

not familiar with this piece of work, but i will say that one of my rules of these such lists is that the worst songs are the ones that try to be great and fall horribly short, and that novelty songs or just songs that understand they're bad really can't be as terrible as something like "You're Beautiful," which is so overwrought and self-serious that it makes you want to vomit up large chunks of sputum

not familiar with this piece of work, but i will say that one of my rules of these such lists is that the worst songs are the ones that try to be great and fall horribly short, and that novelty songs or just songs that understand they're bad really can't be as terrible as something like "You're Beautiful," which is so overwrought and self-serious that it makes you want to vomit up large chunks of sputum

Agreed. Novelty songs are just kind of silly and annoying. "You're Beautiful" makes me angry its so bad. :realmad