• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... "We Built This City" by j starship comes to mind...

and what about that ridiculous kid rock ripoff/song on the radio this summer?

billy squier's "the stroke"????

The Locomotion???

AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALLWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOU-HOOOOO!

My Sharona from the Knack

jump jump from kriss kross

ps: i love We didnt start the fire...... (runs and hides!)

Alright, you should get it for liking "We Didn't Start The Fire", but "My Sharona" was kinda cool.

Mariah Carey
Hey, if "Hero" comes on the car radio, I'm going to sing it as loud as I can and make anyone else in the car sing along too. It's mostly just my way of punishing anyone who listens to radio though.
I'll add my traditional entry to these lists that pop up here every once in awhile:

that horrible song "what if god was one of us, just a slob like one of us." I have no idea who sings it, and this is probably best for everyone involved.

This came on in the bar I was drinking in last night and I became so pissed off I ended up accidentally knocking over a pitcher and several glasses.

Most of my picks are entirely personal, like "Mr. Brightside," but I don't think it's fair to put in stuff that's entirely personally subjective.

Jeeze. This is so hard. There are so many terrible, terrible, terrible mistakes made by people in positions of power. Hrm.

"Mandy" - Barry Manilow

"Seasons in the Sun" - Terry Jacks

And one my son is listening to now -- "I kissed a girl" by who knows.

All simply appalling :yucky

AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALLWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOU-HOOOOO!

Maybe the Whitney version. But if you ever heard the original (Dolly) version, you would know just how great that song really is.

Suckiest song?

I pretty much agree with whoever said "We Built This City".

Although "Killroy Was Here" by Styx is right up there, too.

if thats the domo airigato (sic) mr roboto song. If so, I change my answer

also that hey rickey song by toni something.

and if shitty covers count, i nominate that bananarama disaster "cruel summer"

also that hey rickey song by toni something.

and if shitty covers count, i nominate that bananarama disaster "cruel summer"

"Cruel Summer" wasn't a cover. Maybe you're thinking of "Venus"? (That sucked big-time.)

"Rickey" was a cover, however ... of a song called "Kitty," which was changed to "Mickey" for Toni Basil.

Why am I so willing to subject myself to heaps of abuse?

One of Us was Joan Osborne

Tell Laura... was, I think, Bobby Goldsboro. But if it wasn't, "Honey" has to be on the list.

And if terrible versions of good songs count, Yes did an absolutely horrid cover of Simon's "America" that I subjected myself to once. Once......

Tell Laura I Love Her - Ray Peterson (1960). That song was one of those teen death songs - like Last Kiss (1962) by Wayne Cochran & the C.C. Riders (also covered by Pearl Jam).

Ahhh, thanks so much, brother. You just put the damn song back in my head.

Ahhh, thanks so much, brother. You just put the damn song back in my head.

Listen to 'Tell Lorrie I love her' by Keith Whitley. He played this song for Lorrie Morgan on a four track shortly before he died on his house boat of an alcohol overdose. Or so the story goes.

Edit: I didn't mean to imply that this is a bad song. I love this song. I was just reminded of this song when I saw 'Tell Laura I Love Her'.

And if terrible versions of good songs count, Yes did an absolutely horrid cover of Simon's "America" that I subjected myself to once. Once......

I love Yes's version of America, which appeared originally on the Age of Atlantic compilation.

was recorded during the Close to the Edge sessions in 1972, with the anderson / squire / howe / wakeman / bruford lineup

have never heard a negative word about it -- even paul simon dug it

but it's cool