• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking forward to this (publication date April/May 2009):

9781594743344_large.jpg

"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies features the original text of Jane Austen's beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie action. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton

I really liked that book.

I think I liked it more than I initially thought I did. I just finished Flynn's first collection of poems, Some Ether last night, and I got a lot more out of it than I would have without reading his memoir first. He's got a great ability to capture broken, beautiful things on the page, that's for sure.

Just finished Beckett's Murphy gonna start Molloy tonight.

Taking a pretty intense Beckett class this semester which has been great so far.

His novels are tough and definitely not as entertaining as his plays but man was he a great writer

I think I liked it more than I initially thought I did. I just finished Flynn's first collection of poems, Some Ether last night, and I got a lot more out of it than I would have without reading his memoir first. He's got a great ability to capture broken, beautiful things on the page, that's for sure.

The band Buffalo Tom wrote a song "Ink Falling (Father Outside)" which was adapted from a poem by Nick Flynn. It's on a benefit CD called "Give Us Your Poor".

book%20thief%202.jpg

I'm going to start this. It's marketed as a teen or "young adult" but many English teachers tell me it's one of the best books for kids or adults they've read.

I just finished this and was surprised that it was considered "young adult". I think adults should not let that label fool them as it is more challenging than a lot of adult books I've read.

That said, I absolutely adore this book. It's very moving and not for the faint hearted. I cried like a baby more than once.

I've tried reading Chronicles twice and can't get into it. I don't know what it is, because I expected it would be something I'd love.

I should be finished with my stack of library books today, which means a trip to the library tomorrow! I've been reading only nonfiction and poetry so far this year, so I think I'm going to check out some fiction.

I've tried reading Chronicles twice and can't get into it. I don't know what it is, because I expected it would be something I'd love.

I should be finished with my stack of library books today, which means a trip to the library tomorrow! I've been reading only nonfiction and poetry so far this year, so I think I'm going to check out some fiction.

I have heard good and bad (mostly good) about it so we will see.