Radiohead at the grammys...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the rest of the band didn't want to travel because 1) they really have no shot at album of the year (let's face it, we all know it's going to Robert & Allison) and 2) they have families they'd rather be with. Those are two pretty good reasons I reckon.

As for the performance, it was better than I expected; and Thom looked like he was having a lot of fun!

Well, it is the best collegiate marching band in the world, or officially: "The Greatest Marching Band in the History of the Universe".

Combine that with Radiohead, and it was pretty F'ing sweet

:dancing

Did anyone else nearly shit themselves when Billy Joe Armstrong started the winner with "R-r-r-r"?

But, even though it's a great album (Robert and Allison), the Grammys once again prove themselves useless with awards. Yet, this year's ceremony was definitely exciting and fun.

The first half of the show was awful.

The second half was filled with some incredible performances.

Agreed, although that Al Green/Timberlake collaboration was right at the beginning and that was one of my personal highlights.

I thought Radiohead sounded great, but it was a little disappointing that the whole band didn't play. The low brass doing the basslines and the whole band screaming "woo!" was pretty great though

What I want to know is when did Thom start taking dance lessons from Axl Rose?

Radiohead was wonderful.

Al Green delivered on time,

and, umm, as much as I hate to admit it...

i even enjoyed Coldplay.

there.

i said it.

Concur with all of the above...would add Paul McCartney ROCKED!!!!

Plant and Krause were really good too.

I fear for U2.

Totally. Grohl should know by now that hitting your crash cymbal every four beats is unmusical and annoying.

Seems the crash was a hallmark of Ringo's beat in 1964.

Visions of Fleetwood Mac kept coming to mind...

Yea, I didn't see who this was, but I kind of dug the marching band thing...but then again I didn't stay to the end either. The song wasn't doing a thing for me.

LouieB

Totally. Grohl should know by now that hitting your crash cymbal every four beats is unmusical and annoying.

I wonder why Paul and Ringo don't team up occasionally. Maybe there would just be too much hype to deal with.

Dave Grohl has now played with Jimmy Page/John Paul Jones, Tom Petty, Tony Iommi, Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana of course, teamed up with Greg Dulli, Thurston Moore, the list goes on, and now Macca.

That guys is living the dream.

dave grohl tops my lists of 'coolest guys in rock'. sure the foo's music isn't what it once was but he seems so down to earth

And he always looks like he's having a blast when he's on-stage.