• Exile on Main St.
    • Goats Head Soup
    • It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
    • Black and Blue
    • Some Girls
    • Emotional Rescue
    • Tattoo You

Guest Jules

I wanted to keep this to 10 choices, so I started at Beggars. If Voodoo Lounge is your favorite Stones album, then this isn't the thread for you. :thumbup

I know it will come down to 3-4 choices, but I am curious.

Giddyup!

Reallly hard choice, so I picked Let It Bleed. Shit. but I probably listen to Exile more. But Gimme Shelter as an intro to an album is about as good as you get. Hard choice, I'll leave it at that.

I picked sticky fingers. Because even though mfwahl is correct that Gimme Shelter is one of the best intros, Moonlight Mile is one of the best outros.

Tough question.

(Also, no one loves Goat's Head Soup more than me, but if anyone picks that album, I'm gonna have to smack em upside the head).

Guest Jules
I picked Exile but Sway might be my favorite Stones song.

Yeah, it's a good one. Wikipedia claims Sway wasn't played live until 2006. I found that interesting (if true).

I picked sticky fingers. Because even though mfwahl is correct that Gimme Shelter is one of the best intros, Moonlight Mile is one of the best outros.

Moonlight Mile and You Can't Always Get What You Want might be my two favorite Stones songs, they really knew how to close off an album.

--Mike

I gotta go with Some Girls, too. Song for song I don't think their is a weak one. Sticky Fingers is very close, but Knocking at times feels like it a bit long, though I love Taylor's solo. Let It Bleed has Country Honk and I was never was huge fan of Salt of the Earth on Beggars. All the records listed are great and I play most of them still quite a lot.

Also Some Girls is my favorite on head phones; the guitars are mixed well and Keith and Ronnie's playing is great.

Head: Exile

Heart: Some Girls

That is a good answer.

Yeah I searched my soul and went with Exile because it does seem to be the one I listen to the most.

somehow my heart said Sticky Fingers though.