Which Bands have you seen the most live?

Oh yeah!

The Replacements -- 2

(the second time was at their final show at Grant Park)

Neutral Milk Hotel -- 2

(once at an in-store and once at Lounge Ax)

and:

Cornershop -- 3

(once as a headliner, once as an opener, and once at an in-store)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of these shows are a feat in themselves as I am at minimum 7 hours away from any major city.

Wilco - 9

Neil Young - 3

Ron Sexsmith - 3

Dylan - 2

There is evidently more (and one that I wish I could see more) but if I can't remember them it's not that important.

I wanted to See Nirvana in 94 but my mother wouldn't let me go because I was too young... :hmm

When did you see them first?

Oct. '91 at First Ave. Minneapolis. 7 hour drive from Marquette, MI to Minneapolis and worth every mile.

The last tour was by far the best though. The sound was just blistering. So heavy.

:worship

I bet it was.. I was just getting into Nirvana when Kurt screwed the pooch, so I never got a chance to see them live. :(

I've seen Weezer 4 times, but probably never will again.

Wilco only 3 times (once in 97.. so I'm cool) and soon to be 4

Other than that, I've seen dozens of bands once.

I've seen Bjork six times, each time was a joy to experience (although her last couple of albums were a bit too much for me to stomach). Seen Dylan a bunch of times too. Dylan probably accounts for my best and worst concert experinces. When he good he's untouchable, when he's on an off night....it's hard going.

I think these are the only bands/artists I've seen multiple times, not counting tiny local Tampa bands:

Guided by Voices (12)

Wilco (5)

Green Day (3)

ALL (3)

Circle Jerks (3)

Samiam (3)

Delbert McClinton (2) :dancing

Public Image Limited (2)

Yo La Tengo (2)

7 Seconds (2)

I don't have exact numbers but I'd put the bands I've seen the most into two categories:

Dozens of times:

-Springsteen

-Phish

-U2

More than a dozen times but probably less than two dozen times:

-Wilco

-Allmans

-Pearl Jam

Springsteen --- 14 times

A lot of other shows...but not a lot of repititions

I think these are the only bands/artists I've seen multiple times, not counting tiny local Tampa bands:

Guided by Voices (12)

i can't imagine i'll ever see a better live band

what was your favorite lineup?

for me, you couldn't top the pollard/gillard/farley/tobias/macpherson powerhouse

did you make the farewell show in chicago? what a night that was

the last pollard solo show was actually really good, with slushy, tommy keene, narduccy and john moen

Wilco- 18 ( I think)

Bob Dylan - 12

Phil Lesh - 12 (plus 3 more times with the dead)

I've seen a ton of other acts 3-8 times, so many so that i can't even remember anymore.

i can't imagine i'll ever see a better live band

what was your favorite lineup?

for me, you couldn't top the pollard/gillard/farley/tobias/macpherson powerhouse

did you make the farewell show in chicago? what a night that was

the last pollard solo show was actually really good, with slushy, tommy keene, narduccy and john moen

I've been a Bob/GbV fan since '93, but I didn't get around to seeing them in concert until January 2000, in Orlando, so I was super-excited and had unreal expectations. Bob didn't let me down. Best concert of my life. It was the Bob/Doug/Nate/Tim/JimmyMac lineup. That show is famous for being the one that started the douse-Bob-with-beer craze. Next time they came to Orlando, Bob walked onto stage wearing a raincoat and goggles. Funny guy.

Nope, didn't make it to the farewell show. My last GbV show was November 2003 in Atlanta.

I have yet to see Bob in concert, post-GbV.

Wow you guys are music lovers :thumbup

I'm with Lammy and Jim on the GD thing 150 plus

When I lived in LA it was:

Rollins Band,Meat Puppets, Firehose, and Violent Femmes (SST ruled) and Guns N F'n Roses

Others with more than a dozen:

Todd Rundgren, Elvis Costello,Dylan, Petty, Drive BY Truckers, Lucinda Williams, Richard Thompson, Los Lobos,Neil Young, Jackie Green and of course Wilco/Tweedy.

As I like to say Jerry has my house and Tweedy has my car. I feel I've had my priorities straight my whole life :pirate