The Allman Brothers Band

I'm opting out of the Beacon shows this year. Tickets are getting pretty pricey, then added in with hotel, food, crazy drink prices at the Beacon, etc. Just too much. A friend said last year as he hobbled out of his hotel room, "I know I'm in NYC when I wake up hungover and $500 poorer."

My husband is going next weekend though, but he won't be any help really, giving any kind of objective review. He is the least critical person on the planet when it comes to concerts. It's all great to him. Which is nice, actually.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIP Dickie Betts

Yeah -- made 80. Good on 'em. That last decade has not been great for him - health wise.    Was such a great, great player with a beautiful tone. Songwriting skills were there, too.

Posted Images

I'm opting out of the Beacon shows this year. Tickets are getting pretty pricey, then added in with hotel, food, crazy drink prices at the Beacon, etc. Just too much. A friend said last year as he hobbled out of his hotel room, "I know I'm in NYC when I wake up hungover and $500 poorer."

My husband is going next weekend though, but he won't be any help really, giving any kind of objective review. He is the least critical person on the planet when it comes to concerts. It's all great to him. Which is nice, actually.

hilarious about your husband. i know some guys like that here. every concert (and they see a lot) is the most badasss thing they've ever seen. i wish i could get that concert buzz more. it's totally wained in the last 10 years. my second Brothers show was one of those. '93 with woody. awesome!

http://www.grammy.com/videos/the-allman-brothers-accepting-lifetime-achievement-award-at-special-merit-awards

I forgot that they received the Lifetime Achievement Grammy earlier this year - above is their acceptance speech. I guess Dickey was a no show, though he did get a shout out from many of the band members. Chuck Leavell thanked some people for Betts.

I read he had planned to go - but called off at some point close to the ceremony.

Well, I guess that's not too surprising. It would have been cool to see him up there with them. I am not even sure - did they perform at the Grammy event?

Wondering if any VC'ers are in the house during this run, and if so how Gregg is doing. I thought Gregg was in terrible performance shape during the 3 shows I saw at the Orpheum in November. Wondering whether he's risen above, or more of the same.

I just spoke w/ a Friend who was at the Beacon on Friday Night 12th row middle

Stated that it was a Solid Show and Greg is Much Stronger than the Boston Shows we attended in November

High Point for him was Needle & Damage Done... It was 3 strummers Greg included

I just spoke w/ a Friend who was at the Beacon on Friday Night 12th row middle

Stated that it was a Solid Show and Greg is Much Stronger than the Boston Shows we attended in November

High Point for him was Needle & Damage Done... It was 3 strummers Greg included

I saw a good video of that, I think it was posted on Hidden Track, you'll find it on YouTube I'm sure.

I put a note in the main board, but Nels sat in at the Beacon last night. I read a little on the Allman's board and he got some pretty glowing reviews from people who had no idea who he was. I'm sorry I sat out this year!

Nels with the Allmans at the Beacon! Whoa! Was he playing Duane's Goldtop?

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the show with Nels and the last night of the run, where Greg sat out on. Looking forward to listening to them - my neighbor and I did purchase the show that we attended a few years ago, here in Chicago, and it sounded pretty good (sound quality wise) - it's the first time that I ordered a show that I did not attend, though.

My neighbor is going in halves with me - don't tell Butch. :)

I also joined the Hittin the Web forum because there is vine going that includes the complete 96 Riveria shows - I had a few of these on tape, but they have been misplaced through the years ---- haven't been part of a vine in years. Looking forward to hearing the shows, again.

Just ordered the show with Nels and the last night of the run, where Greg sat out on. Looking forward to listening to them - my neighbor and I did purchase the show that we attended a few years ago, here in Chicago, and it sounded pretty good (sound quality wise) - it's the first time that I ordered a show that I did not attend, though.

My neighbor is going in halves with me - don't tell Butch. :)

I bought the Nels show, flacs. Nels comes out starting with Dreams, and best I can tell takes the solo that starts at the 5:00 minute mark. I think.

I bought the Nels show, flacs. Nels comes out starting with Dreams, and best I can tell takes the solo that starts at the 5:00 minute mark. I think.

Where did buy the flacs from - I only saw the cd option?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There's a listing for this at Amazon - but no information:

Skydog: The Daune Allman Retrospective (new boxset?)

I guess they are also re-releasing some of the live shows they put out a few years ago:

The Allman Brothers - Macon City Auditorium, Macon, Georgia (2/11/1972)

The Allman Brothers - Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York (5/1/1973)

There's a listing for this at Amazon - but no information:

Skydog: The Daune Allman Retrospective (new boxset?)

I guess they are also re-releasing some of the live shows they put out a few years ago:

The Allman Brothers - Macon City Auditorium, Macon, Georgia (2/11/1972)

The Allman Brothers - Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York (5/1/1973)

File this under completely irrelevant to everyone but me, I was at that Nassau show. I have the disc, my memory is the recording is not all that great. I will have to check it out again.