The Allman Brothers Band

So much for the last show talk:

Although the Allman Brothers Band has announced it will stop touring after next month's Beacon dates, the Wanee Festival will carry on with the ABB - and now you know the dates so you can save them on your calendar: April 16, 17 and 18, 2015!

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIP Dickie Betts

Yeah -- made 80. Good on 'em. That last decade has not been great for him - health wise.    Was such a great, great player with a beautiful tone. Songwriting skills were there, too.

Posted Images

On Your Feet Or On Your Knees is the greatest live record of all time. 1974 I think.

Man I need to get back here more often. I love that record to death, but it doesn't make my top 10. Top 20 yes, but I respectfully disagree with #1. Fillmore East might be the best, if (IMO) it wasn't for the first 35-40 minutes of QMS's Happy Trails. 

Jambase post doesn't seem to indicate the Allmans are playing:

"Even though it appears the Allmans will play the final shows of their 45-year career late next month, Wanee will continue in 2015."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I am now wondering. Maybe this is a typo. Or it is going to be one of those "all star jam" type of things. 

will carry on with the ABB 

holy bananas that's tempting- after 3 days in nashville, seeing the ABB for the first F?&$*>@ time might be a perfect end to a perfect week.

yer right yer right.

couldn't stop thinking about this today.

pm sent : thanks rj, jw

keeping fingers crossed and searching for NYC hotels (gulp)

I have a single Oct 25 (saturday) to the Beacon up for grabs.  1st row of the lower balcony.

So good of you to post it here.

Although I cannot make it down.

Thankfully caught Gregg in Newport this Summer /Good Laid Back Show Strong Vocals!

and Caught Warren for a Long Joy Filled Night with his band in Boston this Summer 

So after seeing them in various incarnations since the early 90s and every tour through since late 90's in Boston//

Thanks to  ABB its been a Great One !

yer right yer right.

couldn't stop thinking about this today.

pm sent : thanks rj, jw

keeping fingers crossed and searching for NYC hotels (gulp)

you can also ck lower CT and train it in..

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting on the Acela from Boston tomorrow for the show.  Show rescheduled from March.  Only catching this one show, this will be the last one for me.  Thought Lockn' was going to be it when we bought our tickets, which was before they announced the Beacon shows.  Been riding this train since soon after the Fillmore album came out, saw them for the first time in '73 at Nassau Coliseum, hoping I go out strong tomorrow!

Yes! That lucky soul would be me- thanks rj!

Can't wait to see the Allmans - I've always loved them (truth: mostly a Fillmore/ Dreams guy), but stepped off the bus when the road was getting muddy with issues, band changes, etc. In the late 80's I did favor Mountain Jam on the college bar jukebox, primarily because I could get my 25 cents worth while enjoying the groans that my julebox cblock brought from some of the patrons. Have always been a huge Warren Mule fan, so when Derek also came on board, you could tell the momentum was pointing skyward. Most everything I've heard in the last 7-10 years has sounded fantastic.

Still, I've never seen them live. I can't express how fortunate I am to get the chance with a killer Saturday night seat at the Beacon. Haven't been there since the Nov/ Dec Phil and Friends (with Warren) run in 2001.

Starting tomorrow in Nashville and finishing Saturday at the Beacon. This quite possibly may be the greatest live music week in my 48 years. Yes!

My friend who was there for both nights so far said that Wednesday night was way better than Tuesday night, musically. She also mentioned that Gregg was frail.

Gregg appeared same at Newport late summer as well. However his vocals were spot on his band had their moments.

Of course Gregg's band is not 1/2 as good as the ABB. been to many a show in the last 20 / every trip Boston in the last decade.

I'm so dam glad I took my kids ; late teen and early 20s to see them last yr!

Last show tonight, wish I was there.  What a run of shows I could have in NY this week, Allmans at Beacon Monday and Tuesday, Wilco at Cap Theater Tues, Wed and Thurs. Then Phil and Friends at the Cap Friday and Saturday (with Nels on Saturday)

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/123159/Video-CBS-This-Morning-Profiles-Allman-Brothers-Band

I had the great fortune to attend Saturday's show. The band was a bit slow coming out of the gates, but starting heating up 1/2 way through the set and never stopped. Gregg did indeed look frail, as I watched him entering venue (and Warren) on side street. He left the stage for most of Elizabeth Reed in the second set.

The show was great overall- incredible Jessica with a snippet of Will the Circle be Unbroken (theme for the beacon run). Also a fantastic Into the Mystic dedicated to Bill Graham on the anniversary of his death. Lastly, Politician thrown into Elizabeth Reed  as a Jack Bruce tribute and a sweet double encore. Watching Warren and Derek jam was an amazing experience- the two of them w/ Oteil really propel the band to crazy heights. I enjoyed the second set from the floor and at times was able to get  5/6 rows center before being shooed from the aisle. Met some super people as well.

hope tonight goes well - last nights reviews were strong- i'll be staying up to monitor setlist and read today that tonight's show will be replayed in a couple of days on Sirius.

I had the great fortune to attend Saturday's show. The band was a bit slow coming out of the gates, but starting heating up 1/2 way through the set and never stopped. Gregg did indeed look frail, as I watched him entering venue (and Warren) on side street. He left the stage for most of Elizabeth Reed in the second set.

The show was great overall- incredible Jessica with a snippet of Will the Circle be Unbroken (theme for the beacon run). Also a fantastic Into the Mystic dedicated to Bill Graham on the anniversary of his death. Lastly, Politician thrown into Elizabeth Reed  as a Jack Bruce tribute and a sweet double encore. Watching Warren and Derek jam was an amazing experience- the two of them w/ Oteil really propel the band to crazy heights. I enjoyed the second set from the floor and at times was able to get  5/6 rows center before being shooed from the aisle. Met some super people as well.

hope tonight goes well - last nights reviews were strong- i'll be staying up to monitor setlist and read today that tonight's show will be replayed in a couple of days on Sirius.

I didn't hear about the Sirius replay --- do you have the info on the channel/day/time? (guess i could check into myself)