• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I heard of Beyond, I thought was pretty damn great.

So, as to this article:

:dribble :dribble :dribble :dribble :dribble

:bounce8 :bounce8 :bounce8

Mike Watt & the Missingmen are opening for these Dinosaur Jr. show:

thu, april 23: tallahassee, fl - the moon *

fri, april 24: jacksonville beach, fl - freebird live *

sat, april 25: charleston, sc - the music farm *

sun, april 26: asheville, nc - the orange peel *

mon, april 27: carrboro, nc - cat's cradle *

wed, april 29: charlotte, nc - neighborhood theatre *

thu, april 30: richmond, va - the national *

fri, may 1: lancaster, pa - chameleon club *

sat, may 2: baltimore, md - ottobar *

There's a great pairing!

Too cool. I have my wife just about convinced we should see them on this tour. I saw them in 06 on the reunion tour and my ears were ringing for days. Unforgettable! And I got to meet Lou, my hero, in person.

They're playing a few hours away from us, I tried, but could not convince my husband to go.

Lou is one of my favorites too.

Just saw them play at SXSW billed as "Special Guests" at the Mohawk. It was epic.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone seen any shows so far this tour? We are going to make the drive to Chatanooga tonight and was curious as to when they have been starting.

I was at the show in Dekalb, IL on Saturday Night. They went on around 10:45 or so.

The show was outstanding, mostly older songs but they played one tune from the upcoming record.

I was at the show in Dekalb, IL on Saturday Night. They went on around 10:45 or so.

The show was outstanding, mostly older songs but they played one tune from the upcoming record.

thank very much, sir.

I am definitely looking forward to it. Since it appears you are from Chattanooga, any recommendations for food beforehand? How is the venue?

if you get in town early enough come over to the North Shore area and eat at a restaurant called Good Dog. It's a hot dog place, and it's phenomenal, and relatively cheap too. It closes at 8 though. There is also a restaurant adjacent to Rhythm and Brews called Big River Grill. It's okay.

The venue is tiny, i think there's like a 200 capacity. I am getting there early to stake out a prime spot (probably in the balcony...). It's a good place, and it's where a lot of bands play between cities. Son Volt plays there when they come through. Beer and stuff is kinda expensive though.

Well, caught the show last night in Chatt. WOW, it's more than the loudness, it's the sheer

power.

Now the venue is tiny. I would say from the stage to rear of the place is maybe 50'.

I was at the soundboard for the entire set and my pants and shirt were literally moving

from the amps being pushed my way.

Excellent set, outstanding interplay. I ran into Sarah, who had a great spot DEAD center

on the balcony. I sure HOPE she took some pics.

As for earplugs, I guess I fall into that "no problem" type and went without them. I can see

if i was maybe another 15' closer I may have been wishing for them. I would say to any

planning on catching a show, take your plugs as you may wish you had them.

DEAD Confederate opened. I had not heard any of their music but had read some recent

mag reviews. They toss out a ton of energy on stage. Musically, IMO you have a band

which would have happened if MMJ had formed in Seattle versus Louisville. Grungy.

Went to the Dekalb show on Saturday and had a great time. Brought earplugs but did NOT wear them (it just feels wrong to me), and my ears are still recovering.

They gave away their 7 inch for free, with the p4k sessions of the new song and of Tarpit. Good stuff. Can't wait for the new LP.

What about MBV?

valid point, but Dino is playing much smaller venues: bars and dives. the sound has much less room to travel. and, i doubt mbv is MUCH louder.

valid point, but Dino is playing much smaller venues: bars and dives. the sound has much less room to travel. and, i doubt mbv is MUCH louder.

trust me, it is. Dino Jr played before MBV @ ATP last year, and MBV was by far the loudest band i've ever been close to. louder than Boris, than Dino Jr, than Mogwai...probably Swans would be the only louder band ever to play.

Well, caught the show last night in Chatt. WOW, it's more than the loudness, it's the sheer

power.

Now the venue is tiny. I would say from the stage to rear of the place is maybe 50'.

I was at the soundboard for the entire set and my pants and shirt were literally moving

from the amps being pushed my way.

Excellent set, outstanding interplay. I ran into Sarah, who had a great spot DEAD center

on the balcony. I sure HOPE she took some pics.

As for earplugs, I guess I fall into that "no problem" type and went without them. I can see

if i was maybe another 15' closer I may have been wishing for them. I would say to any

planning on catching a show, take your plugs as you may wish you had them.

DEAD Confederate opened. I had not heard any of their music but had read some recent

mag reviews. They toss out a ton of energy on stage. Musically, IMO you have a band

which would have happened if MMJ had formed in Seattle versus Louisville. Grungy.

:wave great to meet you!!

It was indeed a great show, and I am pretty sure it will be the loudest show I will ever see. (Unless Avett Brothers blow the roof off Sat!)

I took some pictures but most of them are a blurry mess. I think the loudness messed up the focus or something, I will try to edit. Also got some suprisingly decent video!

Lou Barlow was cracking me up with his banter, I need to find some of his post-dino work.

Also got a kick ass gig poster for the show, which features a Dinosaur attacking the Aquarium! :)