Wilco (The Album Discussion w/ spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say, remember I emailed you somethin the other day? Any chance of a lil help here? :D

Gotcha covered, man. It'll be incoming as soon as the thing finishes uploading. I forgot to thank you for that email, so thanks for that one, it kinda made my week. :thumbup

The more I listen, the more this is sounding like an absolutely fantastic record. I'm not sure it's up there with the trifecta of BT, ST, YHF, but it just might be. These are really great songs.

I'm buying a camel tomorrow.

I hope you're kidding. I heard you people at VC were kinda weird, but you take issue with what and what doesn't necessitate a new thread? Get a grip, schlongo.

What the fuck? There are already 800 threads on the album, was it necessary to start a new one for this?
Guest Hollinger.

You started a new thread to say "I listened to the album again, and I like it." That couldn't go in the "Thoughts on the new album" thread?

Yes, you tools are indeed as creepy as I'd heard. Man have the Wilco fans of the 90s (great) turned into such dongz. See ya.

I hope you're kidding. Because I didn't think anyone could be dumb enough to think that this revelatory thought warrants its own thread.

If nothing else, this thread has introduced "schlongo" to my vocabulary.

If YHF was their "Sgt. Pepper's...", may this be their "Abbey Road"? Can I say that?

I am in love with the new album. Each song hits me in a different way the more I listen to them. And this may be redundant, but FUCK, I can't wait to see Bull Black Nova live!!!!!!

Guest Alan
If YHF was their "Sgt. Pepper's...", may this be their "Abbey Road"? Can I say that?

I am in love with the new album. Each song hits me in a different way the more I listen to them. And this may be redundant, but FUCK, I can't wait to see Bull Black Nova live!!!!!!

someone else made the Abbey Road comparison but i really don't hear it one bit. what's your argument for that?

someone else made the Abbey Road comparison but i really don't hear it one bit. what's your argument for that?

I don't have an "argument" for it, its just something I thought of, as all 4 albums are amazing, made at similiar points in each bands career, in a way? I don't know. It's been a ROUGH long weekend, haha. The brain is a little tired........

Guest Alan
I don't have an "argument" for it, its just something I thought of, as all 4 albums are amazing, made at similiar points in each bands career, in a way? I don't know. It's been a ROUGH long weekend, haha. The brain is a little tired........

yeah, i'd disagree that the last two, possibly three wilco albums are anywhere near the level of amazing that the beatles achieved. especially the last two.

yeah, i'd disagree that the last two, possibly three wilco albums are anywhere near the level of amazing that the beatles achieved. especially the last two.

No shit. No one was saying that they were. The Beatles are obviously unassailable.

The Analogy works really; Sgt Pepper and YHF are both sonic creations, some of the finest studio work of their respective eras, and hugely innovative.

Wilco the Album and Abbey Road, while not pushing their respective bands into new directions, are both winningly melodic and consistent.

the solo at the end of you and i needs to be in the middle or something to make it longer and make the song actaully enjoyable to listen to

Like everyone else I was very excited for the release of W(TA). Unlike everyone else I am a bit underwhelmed. I've listened to the stream four times and I am still waiting for a song to step up and and take its place amongst the dozens of Wilco classics. You and I is an expository train wreck. Lyrics don't have to be overly complicated to be beautiful, but they should never be boring. Is this the same man that wrote Sunken Treasure, IATTBYH, VC, You are My Face, etc.....? I fear that this album has made be truly appreciate what an outstanding album SBS is. Maybe I just need more time.

Maybe so. There is beautiful simplicity here, but there is no dearth of terrific, thoughtful lyrics either. I hope you come to like it more.

Personally I'm loving it, obviously. :yes

Dunno... I am really enjoying it as an album... BUT... I am just not sure it is gelling with me as a Wilco album... you have such amazing musicians .... Kotche and Nels et al... but they just dont seem to be 'there'... a floursih here, a signature drum roll there... but...the album just sounds like a Tweedy solo expedition... dunno. Its a great album... but ... dunno. :stunned