Wilco (The Album Discussion w/ spoilers)

That's an odd comment, CD is actually the most 'Dad Rock' song on the album.

I wonder how much Pitchfork will rate this, 3.2 or something? I mean, even on their fan board this album gets panned. :ohwell

Its only slighlty dadrock but he gets out of jail with a great vocal.

Sonny is dadrock - fuckin awful cheese

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should we just get it over with and have threads up for each song? :stunned

wait, was that snarky?

A thread for each song, no problem. But I'm about to go seriously merge-happy on some of the rest of these "general" threads.

Its only slighlty dadrock but he gets out of jail with a great vocal.

Sonny is dadrock - fuckin awful cheese

Are you for real? Sunny has a Loose Fur hook, and at least some relation lyrically to Monday. It's a great Wilco pop song. But I'm a dad, wtf would I know.

A thread for each song, no problem. But I'm about to go seriously merge-happy on some of the rest of these "general" threads.

I was one of the guilty parties of starting a separate thread. After 34 pages, I was getting lost in it all. I apologize for confounding things. I also apologize for getting too analytical. Certainly didn't intend to be pretentious.

Guest Speed Racer

Thanks. :lol Now I have "2 become 1" (Spice Girls, yes) in my head.

'Cause tonight... is the ni-ight... :dancing

Thank God.

And enough already with the "dad rock" BS! At least come up with something original.

Thank God.

And enough already with the "dad rock" BS! At least come up with something original.

But that's what it is, no? Two very uptempo songs - Bull Black Nova and Sunny Feeling do not sound like they've been made in the same decade let alone by the same band on the same album. I want the albums to be a 'whole' , not flying off in all styles and directions.....

But that's what it is, no? Two very uptempo songs - Bull Black Nova and Sunny Feeling do not sound like they've been made in the same decade let alone by the same band on the same album. I want the albums to be a 'whole' , not flying off in all styles and directions.....

You must hate the Being There too eh?

I haven't been here since the album started streaming. Listened to it 3 times. I like it a lot. I don't think it's the best collection of songs, but it's great music. Best harmonies since ST, not as many hooks. Can't wait to buy it!

I've merged the "when all is said and done" thread into this one. I've left the "lost their edge" and "fanboy" threads separate (for now).

I am still digesting the record. It's gonna have to sit with me for a few weeks before I think I can formulate a Real Opinion on W(TA). I rarely like records on the first few spins.

That said, I do have one initial thought: W(TA) has made me appreciate SBS more than I thought I did.

I want the albums to be a 'whole' , not flying off in all styles and directions.....

I want a new Wilco album every 6 months.

But seriously, Being There is all over the map, and this is too, but I like that. I hate being postive though, but the sun is shining in Seattle today for a change, so what the hell.