does this piss you guys off?

i used to be big ryan adams fan, and i havent really been listening to him since cardinology. i mean, hes clearly ripping on wilco a little bit. i feel like hes calling us dumb for liking "slightly country" music, which is what got him famous in the first place. i dunno how much i wanna listen to him anymore after this. i am a wilco fan first and foremost, and im a tad insulted.

I wouldn't take anything like this seriously.

Country and modern - like Wilco in designer clothes. IMO, this is hilarious (especially the goofy face he makes after he says it :lol ) and does not piss me off in the slightest. This came out a while back, and we discussed this way back when it was first posted on the net. But I'm not looking for the original thread. Not worth it.

Edit: Well, okay so I did it anyway. It only took 1 minute.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=34536&view=findpost&p=1096738

Your next assignment is to read those 20 pages and come back with a synopsis. See you in class tomorrow. :wave

Also, please check out the latest Spin magazine spread on Wilco who are spotted on top of a hot dog stand wearing ... yep, designer clothes. ;)

http://digital.spin.com/spin/200908/?u1=texterity

Ryan Adams' problem is that he has no internal filter. That's why he says crap like this and that's why he puts out six albums a year. Sometimes he is very, very good, but the meh outweighs the good and confuses casual fans, who have no idea where to start with this dude.

I'm more offended by Ryan's clashing shirts than by anything he says in that song. Are you seriously taking seriously a song that uses the phrase "Fleetwood macaroni and cheese"? You're reading way too much into this.

Not to mention that his "song" lines up with You Never Know pretty well...

go ahead, try singing the verse of You Never Know when Adams starts playing... hmmm

Adams did this bit like a year ago. There was a 20 page thread Wendy linked too. Good times, good times.

--Mike

Meh. Saw him in Cincinnati last year and it was a tremendous if eccentric show. Came close to seeing him in KC, but opted out. My friend that did see the KC show echoed what Tim Finn said, and will probably never bother to see him again. Dude is known for his erratic behavior, so no big surprises there.

Sure ain't gonna get my panties in a twist about any of it...especially some silly little video that made me laugh at his dorkiness.

I can't say it bothered me. As the better songwriter, Jeff has the last laugh anyway :).

If ever there were a poster boy for the anti-drug movement...

Guest Speed Racer

Never, EVER would I thought I would utter the sentence, "Mandy Moore is too good for him." But Mandy Moore is too good for him.

On topic, though, I'm 100% sure Jeff Tweedy and every member of Wilco - past, present and future - has made a groaner at someone else's expense. Ryan just Youtubes his.

It seems a bit dickish to me, but Ryan Adams has always seemed a little dickish to me. When he makes good music, I'll listen.

He might be a dick, but some of his records are outstanding. My faves are Heartbreaker and Easy Tiger.

Dick. However, if you guys say he has some good records, I believe that.

I like Cold Roses, Jacksonville City Nights, and Easy Tiger. Cold Roses is one of my fave records of all time.

Also, this video doesn't bother me at all and when I first saw it thought it was kind of funny.

Maybe he and Joaquin Phoenix can tour together.

haha, maybe you guys are right. i am looking too far into it. still though, sorta annoying. sorry about the double thread thing, i would have had no idea where to search.

Never, EVER would I thought I would utter the sentence, "Mandy Moore is too good for him." But Mandy Moore is too good for him.

On topic, though, I'm 100% sure Jeff Tweedy and every member of Wilco - past, present and future - has made a groaner at someone else's expense. Ryan just Youtubes his.

You're right. Mandy Moore is too good for him. She should come shack up with me.

I don't understand how this would piss off a Wilco fan. The line is "Writing songs, slightly country, slightly modern. Like Wilco in Designer Clothes."

To it is not a diss on Wilco, but other cheesey "alt-country" bands. Crosby Loggins I am looking at you.

Guest Speed Racer

To it is not a diss on Wilco, but other cheesey "alt-country" bands. Crosby Loggins I am looking at you.

I always 'read' it as a rip on himself - especially the part about appropriated country accents. His speaking voice is nothing like his singing voice, not least of all because of its helium-infused whine.