Thelonious Monk - The Best of the Blue Note Years

The Who - A Quick One

John Cale - Paris, 1919

The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs

Shrimp Boat - Cavale

61okUusUczL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Paul Westerberg - PW & The Ghost Gloves Cat Wing Joy Boys

ditto...really like it after two spins

I'm giving it another spin now. It didn't blow me away the first time through, but there was definitely some solid PW tunes on it. I guess after the great 49:00, this seems a bit average. Of course average PW is still better than most of the stuff coming out from other musicians.

I'm on my 3rd listen. I like it a lot. As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with Guy Clark.

Very true. The guy is a master at his craft.

keep seeing people talk about them so i'm checking out some songs on last.fm radio. might not really be my thing.

Their last album, Alopecia, was probably my favorite album of last year. I've only gotten halfway through this one, though...damn work interruptions.

i like this new one a bit more than Alopecia (both were actually recorded at the same time here in Minnesota).

might still be my favorite record this year, not sure. Why? are all about Yoni's lyrics, which are often pretty amazing.

black crowes - ...until the freeze

i used to have a bootleg of the black crowes live at ronnie scott's jazz club from way back (it might have even been before southern harmony), and it was great - have you heard or got that? i bought it years ago (basically around the time it was made), back before the internet and then somehow swaped it for something else or lost it, and i seem to remember it being really great.

NP.

3160V0QNQ6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Love the lead off single from the new Cornershop album. The album itself isn't too shabby either.

it's a great album. i tried to plug it last month, but only PopTodd took the bait.

i keep having to ask myself, concidering i've only liked a very few albums this year - "who did finger rock n roll"?

that song goes through my head every time hear something i don't like - it's like they've brainwashed me, it's a bit like writing a timeless christmas song, it'll always have a place somewhere in your head.

it's a great album. i tried to plug it last month, but only PopTodd took the bait.

i keep having to ask myself, concidering i've only liked a very few albums this year - "who did finger rock n roll"?

that song goes through my head every time hear something i don't like - it's like they've brainwashed me, it's a bit like writing a timeless christmas song, it'll always have a place somewhere in your head.

Plus you have to ask yourself...did they finger it in an obviously sexual way or did they finger it in the "grass up your mates to the rozzers" way?