Wilco The Album

Wilco The Album

There are two primary ways to disect this record, one is to accept what you hear give into your assumtions

that there is nothing worth digging for. That can work , especially if your a long time Jeff Tweedy fan .

The second falls along the lines of what songwritting is . With Dylans "LOVE AND THEFT" we were given by the "songwriter" himeslf the truth all songs are love and theft , Wilco The Album could have been titled You AnD I

in fact every Jeff Tweedy record could be titled that. All the alcaim that Tweedy recived for political content and voice of a hard times this decade was total bullshit, and im sure he knows it. Go back to YHF and tell me you dont hear 11 Love songs. The fact that the flawless Sky Blue Sky now a Tweedy classic was a shock to anyone was the true shock. The words You and I appear all over this record , yHF was more of a I and You ill admit that. The tunes are cathcy the words are soft? well sort of, I find it to be another cannon of great Tweedy songs , the production dosent favour each song individually but as a collection ot works masterfully.

SONNY FEELING contains the line "she knows nothing of emimniem's suburban gangster flow" and how fitting is that !!

Jeff Tweedy the guitar poet who never got credit for his masterpiece as it was widely belived it be nothing without that master producer, sound familar. (for those of you who didnt get this eminiems work is largely creditied to Dr DRE)That is a fitting comparision and there about the same age aswell parell poets.

In conclsuion at AGE 41 Tweedy and company have made the perfect record for a band thats living its art on the stage yes thats where the true mastery has taken place this decade, do you like summerteeth better than Wilco The Album? well i bet youd like Wilco the band 2009 live!! better than wilco the band 1999, maybe not. personally Id like to see them become a "studio" band again but hey its their careers. P.S KEEP IN MIND AT THIS POINT OF DYLANS CAREER HE WAS MAKING CHRISTIAN ALBUMS.

p.s ive spent my time away fighting world goverment, good news i won there will be no "new world order" in your lifetime.

I don't think that's by a highly respected critic at all, if such things even exist.

The amount of typos and grammatical errors is just painful.

cna yuo raed tihs fi yuo cna yuo hvae a starnge mnid to

P.S i dont knwo you but i bet your lame

I find that spelling and grammer should be subjective anyway. Often times more meaning is convied in a mispelling intentional or not. And I like the spirit of your review Panther, the songs sound best live. This is not a "great" record though, and I feel like you let the band off the hook due to previous greatness. It is like Amniesiac by Radiohead. Good record, but for Radiohead it was a low water mark. They bounced back in the studio, and Wilco will too. But for now, it is my opinion this is the worse record the band had ever made. It is all relative. If this record had been made by Fall Out Boy, or the Jonas Brothers, it would be an instant classic for them...because they do not make classic records. In the shadow of BT, ST, YHF, and AGIB this record........just doesn't hold up.

I have read that review a couple of times. I don't understand it. I mean I understand the words, but it is like they where put in a blender and then pasted together.

I know Panther is some sort of hero/iconoclast/sage around here, but if this is his return from fighting New Order, then it is unfortunate.

I have read that review a couple of times. I don't understand it. I mean I understand the words, but it is like they where put in a blender and then pasted together.

I know Panther is some sort of hero/iconoclast/sage around here, but if this is his return from fighting New Order, then it is unfortunate.

More like antihero/iconoclast/anti-sage. But still loved in a strange sort of way. :)

"At the same age Dylan was making Christian albums". Yeah, and there are some fine songs on those LPs.

"At the same age Dylan was making Christian albums". Yeah, and there are some fine songs on those LPs.

I am confused. I think Bob Dylan has a few years on Jeff Tweedy. Jeff also might make a Christmas album in his 60s. In fact I do think I would enjoy a Jeff Tweedy Xmas album a touch more than a Bob Dylan one, now or in in the future. (He needs to hurry up though because I won't be around to hear his Xmas album made in his middle to late 60s I don't think.)

LouieB

I think he said Christian, not Christmas. As in, gospel rock...Slow Train Coming, Saved, etc.

But Dylan does have a Christmas album in the works apparently. :unsure

Cut him a break. He took a blow to the head during the fight when Peter Hook clocked him with the Eccleshall.

Yeah I love those Lps especiaclly Slow Train Coming Im partial because I love christian mythology and the hole idea of the evil world that we are all blind to. There are some fine songs on THis Lp to, see my point.

Yeah I love those Lps especiaclly Slow Train Coming Im partial because I love christian mythology and the hole idea of the evil world that we are all blind to. There are some fine songs on THis Lp to, see my point.

WERE ALL A BUNCH OF ANTIHEROS , just a bunch of Jeff Tweedys scatered around the world

Honestly, that was pretty good. :dontgetit

Actually, it was pretty good. His writing style makes one concentrate on reading it. And the content is really pretty good.

With all apologies to the mad genius of PANTHER, I have attempted to make it a bit more coherent (not changing any content):

Wilco (The Album)

There are two primary ways to dissect this record. The first is to accept what you hear giving into your assumptions that there is nothing worth digging for. That can work, especially if you’re a long time Jeff Tweedy fan.

The second falls along the lines of a deeper appreciation of what songwriting is. In "LOVE AND THEFT", Dylan expressed the truth all songs are “love” and “theft”. Wilco (The Album) could have been titled “You and I”.

In fact, every Jeff Tweedy record could be titled that. All the acclaim that Tweedy received for political content and giving voice to the hard times of this decade was total bullshit, and I’m sure he knows it. Go back to YHF and tell me you don’t hear 11 Love songs. That the flawless Sky Blue Sky (now a Tweedy classic) was a shock to anyone was the true shock. The words “You” and “I” appear all over "Sky Blue Sky". However, yHF was more of a “I and You”. The tunes are catchy the words are soft? Possibly. I find Wilco (the album) to be another cannon of great Tweedy songs. While the production doesn’t favor each song individually, as a collection it works masterfully.

SONNY FEELING contains the line "she knows nothing of eminem's suburban gangster flow" and how fitting is that! Jeff Tweedy is viewed as the guitar poet; never getting for his masterpiece. YHF was widely believed to be the master producer’s work (Jay Bennet). Sounds familiar. (For those of you who didn’t get this eminems work is largely creditied to Dr DRE). That is a fitting comparison as Tweedy and Mathers are about the same age as well as poets.

In conclusion, at age 41 Tweedy and company have made the perfect record for a band that is living its art on the stage. The live setting is where the true mastery has taken place this decade. Do you like “Summerteeth” better than “Wilco (The Album)” ? Well, I bet you like Wilco (the band) 2009 live better than Wilco (the band ) 1999.

Personally, I’d like to see them become a "studio" band again, but hey it’s their careers.

P.S KEEP IN MIND THAT AT THIS POINT OF DYLAN’S CAREER HE WAS MAKING CHRISTIAN ALBUMS.

:unsure

I think he said Christian, not Christmas. As in, gospel rock...Slow Train Coming, Saved, etc.

But Dylan does have a Christmas album in the works apparently. :unsure

This guy can barely write and I can barely read. :stunned

Slow Train Coming was a major bummer for Dylan fans at the time. Of course by that time Dylan had made dozens of albums.

LouieB