Pavement to Reunite!!!!

Pavement was a pretty notoriously bad live band. I wonder how this tour plays out. Certainly looking forward to it.

I think they struggled in the beginning because their original drummer, Gary Young (who better be involved with this reunion in some way) never bothered to learn the songs, and then towards the end I think SM hated everybody and they weren't really rehearsing. But some of the boots I have from 1994-1997 aren't too bad.

--Mike

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Young has had his ass fired for a really long time. Pavement's lineup has been set since right after S&E, I think?

Yeah, after Young was replaced by Steve West, they've been set. Much as I'd love to see Gary back in the fold, the only way he's getting into those shows is by buying a ticket.

• 4 weeks later...

Quarantine the past, the new greatest hits is coming out in a week. Looks like I did not win the "Guess the track" contest. Tracks are:

1. Gold Soundz (CROOKED RAIN, CROOKED RAIN)

2. Frontwards (WATERY, DOMESTIC EP)

3. Mellow Jazz Docent (PERFECT SOUND FOREVER EP)

4. Stereo (BRIGHTEN THE CORNERS)

5. In The Mouth A Desert (SLANTED & ENCHANTED)

6. Two States (SLANTED & ENCHANTED)

7. Cut Your Hair (CROOKED RAIN, CROOKED RAIN)

8. Shady Lane / J Vs. S (BRIGHTEN THE CORNERS)

9. Here (SLANTED & ENCHANTED)

10. Unfair (CROOKED RAIN, CROOKED RAIN)

11. Grounded (WOWEE ZOWEE)

12. Summer Babe (Winter Version) (SLANTED & ENCHANTED)

13. Range Life (CROOKED RAIN, CROOKED RAIN)

14. Date w/ IKEA (BRIGHTEN THE CORNERS)

15. Debris Slide (PERFECT SOUND FOREVER EP)

16. Shoot The Singer (1 Sick Verse) (WATERY, DOMESTIC EP)

17. Spit On A Stranger (TERROR TWILIGHT)

18. Heaven Is a Truck (CROOKED RAIN, CROOKED RAIN)

19. Trigger Cut/Wounded-Kite At :17 (SLANTED & ENCHANTED)

20. Embassy Row (BRIGHTEN THE CORNERS)

21. Box Elder (SLAY TRACKS 1933-1969 EP)

22. Unseen Power Of The Picket Fence (NO ALTERNATIVE COMP)

23. Fight This Generation (WOWEE ZOWEE)

And some new dates announced it looks like, (Colorado!). The first bank center seats about 6500 people.

09-09 Broomfield, CO – First Bank Center

09-11 Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater

09-12 St. Paul, MN – Roy Wilkins Auditorium

09-17 Philadelphia, PA – Mann Center for the Performing Arts

09-18 Boston, MA – Agganis Arena

09-26 Atlanta, GA – The Tabernacle

And some new dates announced it looks like, (Colorado!). The first bank center seats about 6500 people.

09-09 Broomfield, CO – First Bank Center

09-11 Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater

09-12 St. Paul, MN – Roy Wilkins Auditorium

09-17 Philadelphia, PA – Mann Center for the Performing Arts

09-18 Boston, MA – Agganis Arena

09-26 Atlanta, GA – The Tabernacle

Anyone know if they're doing pre-sales for these dates?

I have a feeling the Atlanta tickets are going to be hard to get in a general ticket sale.

http://www.wers.org/events/pavement-giveaways.cfm

Just learned about this when I turned on the radio to hear "Congrats to so-and-so she wins the Pavement tickets!" :blink

All I ever hear on the radio is so-and-so wins the Black Eyed Peas tickets or so-and-so wins the Def Leppard tickets. Still hopping that they somehow end up at the Bluesfest here in Ottawa.

YAY! after multiple attempts got 2 decent orch seats for Philly:

Spring/ Summer/ Fall Lineup (so far):

Wilco scranton

Wilco philly

MMJ Meriwether

pavement philly

schweeeeeet

• 5 months later...

I just got an e-mail saying they are moving my Sep. 9th Pavement show from a 3500-6500 (First bank center) capacity place to a 1600 capacity place (Ogden theatre).

I'm pretty damn happy about it but it makes me wonder, is the Pavement tour not selling well?

I just got an e-mail saying they are moving my Sep. 9th Pavement show from a 3500-6500 (First bank center) capacity place to a 1600 capacity place (Ogden theatre).

I'm pretty damn happy about it but it makes me wonder, is the Pavement tour not selling well?

Interesting. They sold out their Atlanta show at a venue with 2600 capacity. I know a lot of people who are still looking for tickets, so I think they could have played somewhere bigger, or two nights at the same place.

I'm kind of surprised they're downsizing. I don't know whwre you live, but did they recently play a large festival near you? I can see how that might decrease ticket sales for their own show.

Interesting. They sold out their Atlanta show at a venue with 2600 capacity. I know a lot of people who are still looking for tickets, so I think they could have played somewhere bigger, or two nights at the same place.

I'm kind of surprised they're downsizing. I don't know whwre you live, but did they recently play a large festival near you? I can see how that might decrease ticket sales for their own show.

I'm not aware of anyplace nearby that Pavement played. I have not heard why they are downsizing but it surprises me. I know this area leans heavily towards jam bands and bluegrass but I would think there was a solid enough fanbase for them. I just assumed the show sold out a long time ago but I got my tickets the first day.

• 3 weeks later...

Why am I just hearing about this now?

Beloved indie rock band Pavement is back together after an 11-year break, and we’re giving one lucky person the chance to play guitar on stage with the band when they visit "Late Night" on September 23. Video yourself covering any of the approved Pavement songs below and upload it for a chance to play with them on the show! Important Dates: Submissions Period Closes: Wed. 9/8
  • On-Line Voting Begins: Mon. 9/13
  • Online Voting Ends: Fri. 9/17

Winner Announced: Mon. 9/20

Pavement Performance: 9/23

For Approved Pavement Songs to Submit Click Here

For Complete Contest Rules Click Here

Contest Courtesy of Matador Records

Submit your video now to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon!

Get started by logging in below. If you're already a registered user of myNBC or the NBC Message Boards, use the same log in credentials; if not, just click the "Sign-up" link - it's quick, easy, and free!

Does anyone know if the shows so far have had opening acts? (Or if there will be for the NYC shows?)

Times New Viking is opening a string of dates, including the Atlanta date at the end of this month, which I am attending.

Here's a listing of Pavement's NYC shows and the opening acts:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/07/who_is_opening.html