Pavement to Reunite!!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need this to happen, I need to see Pavement.

my first experience was not great: May 1999, I had the worst migraine, but still insisted on going to the concert.

they opened with Summerbabe, then I spent the rest of the night puking in the bathroom from the migraine.

Well, I did it. I bought tickets to the New York show. Kind of ticked off that the price said $0 before it went onsale and then all of a sudden I drop $100, but whatever. My heart was beating out of my chest and I was not about to contemplate finances. I can't freakin' wait.

Worth seeing them just to see Nastanovich doing nothing apart from yelling and bashing an extra drumkit (out of time).

Marginally less redundant than Bez in Happy Mondays who just did dancing.

You couldn't have Pavement with out Nastanovich though. Limited as his skills might have been, he was absolutely perfect for that band, and you are forgetting the occasional Linda McCartney-esque Moog parts he's occasionally add as well.

Bez was the Monday's drug supplier in the early days, so he gets a pass as well.

--Mike

I was just able to get tickets for the Friday show (didn't pull the trigger though). They're out there.

me too. I had them, had all my info in, but didn't do it.

Is it just going to be NY?

Is hoping for a Toronto show pointless?

this must be legit! watching sportscenter at lunch earlier and the anchor said something about malkmus/pavement and how excited he was for the reunion. very strange.

John Buccigross was the guy. He has great taste in music, and Pavement is seriously one of his favorite bands.

Couldn't let this thread fall off the first page.

Got tix to all 4. Had to do it.

Only 366 days to go

Scored Wednesday and Friday tickets! Anyone else going? I think there may be some tix left for a couple of the shows. I've been waiting 11 years for this one.

I'm going to the first 2 shows. I want all 4, but I figure that since it's an outdoor show, I can find a place to hang out and listen to the other 2. That countdown is now my home page, I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.atpfestival.com/NewsView/0910071500.php

Europeans get their shot, too....

PAVEMENT to curate ATP May 2010 - On Sale FRIDAY!

Wednesday October 7, 2009

All Tomorrow’s Parties is honoured to announce that the legendary Pavement will curate ATP in May 2010!!!

It would be fair to say, we at ATP get to present some very special bands. But we are beyond excited to announce that legendary US band Pavement will headline and curate the weekend of May 14th-16th in 2010!

After years of speculation, arguably the most important American band of the Nineties is returning to the stage with the line-up of Mark Ibold, Scott "Spiral Stairs" Kannberg, Stephen Malkmus, Bob Nastanovich and Steve West reuniting for dates around the world in 2010 including curating and performing at ATP Weekend 2 on May 14th – 16th.

i wonder if Malkmus will convince current jicks drummer Janet Weiss to get Sleater-Kinney back for a show.

That would be great. Only saw them once at a Lollapalooza, the year they broke up. Wished I would saw them at a club.