Rockies are one of the best hitting teams in the game. Rockies have pure hitters. and their leading home run guy only has 15, Carlos Gonzalez. I was happy to see Franklin get worked over. I wish I could have seen LaRussa sweating it out in the dugout. Sorry Cardinals fans...

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockies are one of the best hitting teams in the game. Rockies have pure hitters. and their leading home run guy only has 15, Carlos Gonzalez. I was happy to see Franklin get worked over. I wish I could have seen LaRussa sweating it out in the dugout. Sorry Cardinals fans...

That was an odd move to put a guy in to pitch in his very first Major league game with the score tied in the ninth. Talk about a trial by fire. Paid off nicely for the Rockies. Hope they can keep this hitting up.

That was an odd move to put a guy in to pitch in his very first Major league game with the score tied in the ninth. Talk about a trial by fire. Paid off nicely for the Rockies. Hope they can keep this hitting up.

Another exciting come-from-behind win. Six pitches in to that kid and he ends up with an L. I thought it an odd move, too, for the part of the game with that momentum going for the Rockies. I guess they had used their other remaining lefty the night before....

me being a Brewers fan, I think it is a joke that Corey Hart is in the Home Run Hitting Contest. sure, he is near top of HR totals in NL but the kid is not a home run hitter. i will have a good laugh watching him.

But isn't the HR Derby just a large-scale BP? Lots of guys can hit HRs in BP with soft pitches....

I'm sure Hart can, too. Plus, he's near the top in HR totals in the NL....I'd like to see Fielder in there after last years Derby but he's not an AS. Unless he's one of the two as-yet un-named ones....

So the Yankees are getting Cliff Lee... :hmm

Trading their top prospect, Jesus Motrero (top 5 prospect overall? as a power-hitting catcher), supposedly, too. They're already front-runners to get CC in FA, anyway.

Lee is scheduled to pitch against the NYY tonight, as well. Hmmm....

Cliff Lee's awesome, and he's having an historic season right now. His K/BB ratio is the highest in the history of the game.

But Montero's awesome too. There are some doubts that he'll be able to stay at catcher, but the bat is super legit. He's 21 and struggling a little bit in AAA, but he's been hot recently, and he could be one of the top hitting catchers in baseball before long. He's one of the top 3 players still in the minors, I would say.

So is getting Lee for 1/2 a season worth it for the long-term of Montero? I'm not so sure since the NYY already have a strong rotation. I know they're looking to possibly dump Vazquez and Hughes is headed south with innings pitched, but still...

I read that they might move Vazquez to get a big power bat off the bench like Ty Wigginton from Baltimore.

They are also looking at A's reliever Michael Wuertz and are in the recent sweepstakes of getting Jayson Werth.

MLB Trade Rumors

Now we'll see how "REACTIVE" Theo Epstein gets before July 31st. I think they're going to move ahead with what they've got which is kind of shaky to keep them in contention. You don't want everyone coming back healthy with one month to get the Wild Card.

So is getting Lee for 1/2 a season worth it for the long-term of Montero? I'm not so sure since the NYY already have a strong rotation. I know they're looking to possibly dump Vazquez and Hughes is headed south with innings pitched, but still...

Well, they've got two pretty mediocre guys in BUrnett and Vazquez in their rotation.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but almost everything I've read about Montero over the last year has mentioned that he's likely to be traded because they don't know if he'll stick behind the plate and he's not moving Teixiera. So it's certainly possible.

But even with the mediocrity of Burnett and Vazquez, they are still in the top favored to win the WS with who they've got (Pettite, CC, and Hughes all having very good seasons). I know there's uncertainty about Montrero remaining at catcher but he'd still get a better return in the off-season for the NYY (if they don't keep him) than 1/2 a season of Lee. I can see why NYY might want to lock into Lee now for the rest of the season rather than waiting until he's a FA to keep him from possibly going to a contender....but still.

Cliff Lee's a pretty good haul, though he wasn't all that great with Philly last year at the deadline.

Personally, I don't make that trade, but I understand why they would. I could definitely see Pettite and Hughes regressing as the season wears on, and going in with just CC as a reliable pitcher could prove problematic.

Yankees smell the blood in the water and a 1/2 season of Lee is worth it to seal the division World Series and making sure he's a MFY before Boston can get a sniff is gravy.

Cliff Lee's a pretty good haul, though he wasn't all that great with Philly last year at the deadline.

Although he did pitch the only two games NYY lost to Philly in the WS....

I agree it's probably not the best deal the NYY could get for Montero. It's good for SEA as they'll lose Lee in the off-season anyway. Likely to the NYY....

FOXSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi reports that Rick Porcello has been pushed back in Triple-A Toledo's rotation and notes that it could be trade related.

Morosi says it's not an injury. We really doubt that Porcello is being traded, but for what it's worth, Morosi did work for the Detroit Free Press before joining FOX. If there's one team to trust his sources on, it's the Tigers.

Tigres fans. Any rumors of Porcello being on the move?