• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea there was an expanded edition of this record. I actually just bought the vinyl from Best Buy 3 days ago and have been listening to it non-stop once again. looks like I'll be making that trek downtown for this tomorrow!

• 2 months later...

I had no idea that they were on Letterman. My Comcast doesn't always have the right information for shows like this, so needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

I caught that, then later on was flipping and saw Todd Rundgren on Fallon and George Clinton/P-Funk on Ferguson. Interesting night for music.

what part in particular didn't you like?

sounded pretty great on my HD TV last night

I just didn't like the way they mixed the drums or bass, they sounded really hallow and lacking in low end.

If you compare Coversation 16 to the Afraid Of Everyone performance I think it's nowhere as good.

I just didn't like the way they mixed the drums or bass, they sounded really hallow and lacking in low end.

If you compare Coversation 16 to the Afraid Of Everyone performance I think it's nowhere as good.

TV performances almost always sound like shit so i thought it sounded quite good compared to most ;)

Yesterday I sat down to watch the Letterman performance on my DVR, and was deeply disappointed to discover that twice the local station had technical difficulties that caused the picture to blank out for 30 seconds each time. I'll have to settle for YouTube, I guess.

i just think the way they chose to almost totally drop the guitars during the chorus was/is a weird choice. The song felt like it kept stopping/starting, which is totally unlike the album version.

I noticed this as well and it was a little unsettling for me too. it was cool stumbling across this thread only to find out that they were on tv again so recently. I just got into another big National kick a few days ago and it was a nice surprise.

ps: started watching their doc. A Skin, A Night and couldn't get into it at all. have any of you watched the entire thing and care to comment on it? it can be viewed on their YouTube page for free.

I noticed this as well and it was a little unsettling for me too. it was cool stumbling across this thread only to find out that they were on tv again so recently. I just got into another big National kick a few days ago and it was a nice surprise.

ps: started watching their doc. A Skin, A Night and couldn't get into it at all. have any of you watched the entire thing and care to comment on it? it can be viewed on their YouTube page for free.

A Skin, A Night is weird. I wasn't sure what to make of it...I enjoyed it more than most, but it still isn't very good.

I bought that when it came out, watched it once. I wasn't too impressed. It's a doc that reveals very little about the band. I guess the director was trying to be "arty" but for me it's just tedious. A more straightforward doc--interviews, behind the scenes footage, and live footage--would have been more appreciated.

A Skin, A Night is weird. I wasn't sure what to make of it...I enjoyed it more than most, but it still isn't very good.

i hate Vincent Moon's full length stuff... both that, the Arcade Fire and REM films make me queasy yucky.gif

i hate Vincent Moon's full length stuff... both that, the Arcade Fire and REM films make me queasy yucky.gif

Totally agree, if I wasn't huge fans of all those bands I would have never bought them.

But hey apparently he's a bad person and thief so maybe there's some justice in the world.

Totally agree, if I wasn't huge fans of all those bands I would have never bought them.

But hey apparently he's a bad person and thief so maybe there's some justice in the world.

i actually walked out of the world premiere of the REM one here in Minneapolis (which Vincent was present at) because the jerky camera work was making me sick stunned.gif

this came with the virginia ep and i tried to watch it when i got it...but never finished it.

awful.

agreed that a more straightforward approach to document the band would be much appreciated.